Pod Your Reef

llj's 2.5g - I swear, the last one!

lljdma06

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's what I said too!

You've gotta get at least one!

Hopefully, I'll be picking up the panda goby & the pompom crab tonight. Glad you think they're cute. It was Monochrome5's idea for me to get one. Pompom crab was my idea, though. :D

Hopefully, I'll be picking up the panda goby & the pompom crab tonight. Glad you think they're cute. It was Monochrome5's idea for me to get one. Pompom crab was my idea, though. :D

Well, the panda gobies died at the LFS. They are going to try a second batch for me. If it doesn't work, I'll look at a different fish.

I did pick up the pompom crab... It's acclimating now.

9a1aed8d.jpg

86540076.jpg

Awesome little tank. I love pom pom crabs and tiny gobies. We never get any sun corals or anything at the KDDI I work at. I wish I could get a couple heads of the Orange and black ones. I'm jealous.

Awesome little tank. I love pom pom crabs and tiny gobies. We never get any sun corals or anything at the KDDI I work at. I wish I could get a couple heads of the Orange and black ones. I'm jealous.

Thanks! It's a shame the goby died at the store. I saw the pompom early this morning, doing its pompom thang... That's a record! I saw it twice in one day! Woohoo!

Wait til you see the video!

Hey Newman... Can I puts a porcelain crab in with the pompom? I like inverts. I ordered two from John at reefcleaners...

L

you ordered two micro porcelains from reef cleaners? i'm pretty sure they'll be ok with the pom pom. your tank can definitely support one porcelain, and probably two.

you ordered two micro porcelains from reef cleaners? i'm pretty sure they'll be ok with the pom pom. your tank can definitely support one porcelain, and probably two.

I don't know if I ordered micro ones or not. If they don't look "micro", I shall put them in the 36g.

He looks great, llj! Hope you get your panda soon.

I got my panda goby, I've just not seen him since I put him in. He was great during acclimation, went to a crevice & hasn't come out. I've not seen any evidence of jumping. This tank has a lid.

On the other hand, Armand, the pompom, offers countless hours of viewing pleasure. Supposedly, the crab is supposed to be more reclusive? And he is reclusive, he's just easy to spot.

Ok, so I think this tank may be leaking. It's not a dangerous "my livestock is in imminent danger" leaking, more of a "moderately annoying" leaking. It's not evap, it's leaking. This tank never really had a problem with evap. Previously I'd top-off like every 4-5 days. Now I see the water level drop everyday and sure enough, I see seep outside of the tank and in the bottom.

So... I can...

1. Continue to be moderately annoyed, it involves nearly daily additions of SW, which screws with my top-off regimen and makes things more work.

2. Upgrade to 3g (I know not much of a difference, & more money, but leaking would stop)

If I upgrade, I'd like to either keep the light weak like it is now, or borrow some LR from other tanks and construct caves for the nps so I can upgrade my lighting. What do you think? I'd love like a carpet of GSP on the top areas of the tank, with the nps below. I think it'd be the cutest think ever. And watch little porcelain and pompom crabs frolic amongst them.

May be a cheapie project for the Thanksgiving weekend.

This is what you get when you use stuff that's close to 10 years old. :angry:

L

just get a cover custom cut at a nearby glass/mirror shop.

Yes, that seems to be the option as I'd like to keep my refugium and powerhead as well. And run a heater. Glad you all are steering me towards glass. I'm not a fan of acrylic.

I'll see what I dig up. Will be visiting a few LFS & if the price is not much more, I'll get one from a store and save on shipping and time.

It's not bad, it's like a 1/2 inch every day, that's how slow it is. It's annoying to fill up though. And it isn't evap, I checked. There's actual SW on my nightstand. My papers are wet. Filter's not clogged and leaking either, ruling out a backwash or filter issue. Checked that as well. Have kept tons of tanks, this isn't normal and it only recently started.

I'd attempt to fix it with sealant, but you have to cure it, which means I'd have to remove everything anyway.

Sucks, I'm not looking forward to having to move everything out and then back in. Granted, thank goodness it's not a big tank. I can lift it pretty easily if it's somewhat drained of water.

L

Yeah, definitely, Peter, leaks don't get better. Better address the issue now that it isn't critical or at a point where livestock isn't threatened.

So... Living in a neighborhood where there are a lot of LFS & I knows them all, I've already procured my upgrade.

:)

Yeah, definitely, Peter, leaks don't get better. Better address the issue now that it isn't critical or at a point where livestock isn't threatened.

So... Living in a neighborhood where there are a lot of LFS & I knows them all, I've already procured my upgrade.

:)

¿Qué es?

Archived