SaltCritters.com

can i put a derasa with my ilumination?

eduardo cavalcanti

eduardo cavalcanti

i have a 30 gal tank with a 70w MH 5200k and 60w of actinics. could i put a small derasa on the of the tank, about 15 cms of the surface?

yes you should be able to put a deresa in your tank if it isnt too far from the lights. the 5200k is the only thing im not sure about. if your bulb was at least 6500k then i would say for sure you could.

I think it would be alright.

As for the colour temperature, 6.5K would be perfect IMO, but 5.2K should be decent along with the actinics supplement.

eduardo cavalcanti

i saw a tank by knop which was specially made for clams and he used a 5200k osram, but it was a 250w. in one of his reports in aquarium frontiers he sad that bulbs with colours between 500k and 10000k were ideal. what you think about it?

NanoReefer53

yes, clams are generally from shallow areas where they recieve more daylight spectrum. 65k is just about daylight color so IMO that would be best for intensity. Why not go with the 70w iwasaki ? or better yet, 150w iwasaki. Both are 6500k but u can get the 150w in 50,000k if u want.

eduardo cavalcanti

nanoreefer,

about the 150w mh, here in brazil de temp is very high, so the tank probably wouldnt take this amount of heat. about the 70w 6500k, its very difficult to find it here and my bulb its brand new considering that bulbs with this colour temp work fine till 2 years or sometinhg. my bulb its with 3 or 4 months

Archived