inTank Media Baskets

AquaFuge Hang on - who has?

Scorched

Ive been looking at this fuge and it looks really nice with the built in powerheads. The smallest one seems like it would fit on my 5.5 (13 1/4" wide, 4 1/2", 12" high). It is fairly expensive running around $80-$90. Has anyone used this on their reef systems, normal or nano?

I have the smallest on on my 10 gal. I think that it would be too large to run it on a 5 gal. I love mine though I have been running it empty for about 12 hours now and it has already filled up with pods. Going today to get some sand, rocks, and algae for it.

you could probably convert an aquaclear 300 better for your smaller needs.

I have one on my 5.5! Works great and it was the best money I've spent on my system to date (besides my MH :) )

The key thing about running it on a 5.5, is 1) drilling a small anti- siphon hole in the top (12 o'clock) of the intake tube right before it turns down into the fuge, and 2) run the water level in the main tank about 3mm down from the black trim. With these two criteria met, when you have a power outtage, the tank will not over flow when the fuge "back washes" into the tank.

Ya, I was debating the AC 300, I have one on my 20 gal (just being used as a filter, not a fuge). Its has gotten kinda loud through. I really want something where I can put my heater in and still have enough space for filtration and possibly plants. Im just finishing up my last year of high school so money is somwhat of an issue.

Archived