inTank Media Baskets

Macroalgae light...would this work?

Dromiidae

Hey guys and gals, I'm going to start a 10 gallon macro tank and I'm wondering if this light would be enough for that? Link It's 5000k. I'm looking to keep reds/greens. I also have an odyssea 36 watt 18" pc fixture that would fit perfectly, but I'm guessing that wouldn't be enough light. (has a 50/50 bulb in it now). Looking to do the lighting on a budget is the reason for the question. Thanks in advance. :D

28g nano noob

i dont see y the odyssea fixture wouldnt be enough but it dosent take much ive been seeing people using the gu10 white bulbs to grow the stuff and there pretty cheap

I grow my chaeto under a 14w = 60w 5000k fluorescent bulb. It's not dead yet. :lol:

Should work. :)

Haha thx. How about the fancier macros? I know some macro's have higher lighting requirements but I'm not sure where that cutoff lies...JOHN!?!? :lol:

Haha thx. How about the fancier macros? I know some macro's have higher lighting requirements but I'm not sure where that cutoff lies...JOHN!?!? :lol:

Reds and lots of greens greens are able to utilize lower light. Browns need higher light.

Thanks for all the info. It sounds like unlike reef lighting, macro tanks don't really require much and that there are a lot of ways to go with it.

you can get some sweet LEDS from the hardware store and they won't be hot and they will last forever, well basically.

Archived