Coral Vue Hydros

Would you take it?

HumblePie

I am in the process of cycling my tank and have some CaribSea Reef Sand and a handfull of uncured rubble from a lfs. Today, a co-worker mentioned that he had some 'live sand' from his 100g that he sold recently. I was thinking on getting a couple cups of the stuff and dropping it in my tank. The problem is that he has had it sitting in a 5g bucket in his garage for 2 weeks. Should I pass or should I take it? Thanks.

go ahead and take it. his sand will benefit you by adding beneficial bacteria into your tank. it will help speed up your cycling time.

two weeks in a garage in Washington state in the winter = frozen live sand. but since you're cycling anyways it shouldn't do more harm and like drew mentioned you may gain from it if anything survives the cycle.

take it imo.

AReeferIsExpensive

think of how long the "live sand" in the 20lb bag @ petsmart sits on the shelf...theres gotta be something good in there still~

I believe the bagged LS at your LFS is about a 1year shelf life. Thats what I been told by a few people. I would go for it as long as the bucket wasn't used for other things like cleaning :|

Archived