Pod Your Reef

What makes a tank Nano?

everglow

i object!!!!! i have that second tank, and it is indeed a "nano". the first one just has the word "nano" in it's name. but the eclipse system 12 is definetely a nano tank as well. the 'nano cube' does have almost double the lighting power than the eclipse, but that was why i upgraded my lighting from 13 watts to 64 watts. when we say "nano" tank, we are referring to any tank that is under 29 gallons, more or less. but they are both nano tanks capable of becoming nano reefs.... hope i helped to clear that up.

er, um...I consider mine a (macro)nano. I have a 29g. Obviously, my tank is on the larger size but compared to many of the 'regular' reef tanks, mine is pretty small. However, comparing it to some on this board (eg. 1g pico) it could be considered massive... :)

Originally posted by drewmd.

jaguilar is absolutely right. the second picture is also a nano tank. who told you that it wasn't?

A page I was looking at said nothing about it being a nano.

nano is a term given to small reef tanks. No company (except the Nano cube) say that their tanks are nano reefs.

Nano means very small so any very small reef tank is a nano. Filtration and lighting don't mean a thing with the name nano.

I agree with MGX. The eclipse was originally manufactured for freshwater. All of those crazy reefers adapted it for reefing. I would think that it would be the size that would denote a nano (< 29 gallons).

Archived