Top Shelf Aquatics

Any AragAlive users?

FamousGuy

I've checked all 5 LFS for sugar sized aragamax and of course all they stock is either:

1)way too course aragonite by the pound or 2)aragalive, which is a pretty fine grade. Since i'm basically gonna get some cuz i dont wanna mail order, is it decent sand? I know it's not really livesand

i just used the aragalive to set up my girlfriends tank. it looks real nice and i think there is good bacteria in there. i cycled it with a cleaner shrimp and 2 hermits. i tested the water 4 days later and everything was at zero. the guy at the store where i bought it said i wouldnt have a cycle and as far as i know i didnt. its been two weeks and everything stayed at zero. good stuff.

I like aragonite in a reef. The sugar sized grains tend to be messy IMO. I perferr the "special reef floor " grade and a little bit of live oolitic sand mixed in. Check the freshness date on it, after a while (4-6 months) the bacteria are useless and can create ammonia, thus rendering it pointless and no different thatn bags on non "live"

Archived