inTank Media Baskets

need help ID'ing a possible macro

Koston

ive been searching and searching and im not sure what it is. i'll get a picture of it soon if i can't id it... but it's hard for me to get a pic.

it's on a piece of wood with lots of eagle eye zoas on it.

it looks most like this but when i google image it its not a match

Chondria-21.JPG

anyone know what this would be if it were much greener and slightly different branches? it branches in all different directions and gets long. it looks hard like you could cut it with scissors but i haven't felt it yet to know for sure

Do you have a picture of the piece of wood in your tank?

i'm gonna be transferring it to my 28g from 10g soon in a couple days, i'll put it in a bowl or something for a good picture of the wood and the stalk things

i looked at em again and realize it's a bunch of individual green stalks, they don't branch out at all from the individual stalk base. they're not vibrant green but faded green

it's not Acanthophora but they do look somewhat similar. there is nothing branching out from each individual stalk. the stalk is almost cylindrical with nothing attached to it at all. i noticed some string or something stringy is kinda falling off the biggest stalk...

Amphiprion1
i'm gonna be transferring it to my 28g from 10g soon in a couple days, i'll put it in a bowl or something for a good picture of the wood and the stalk things

i looked at em again and realize it's a bunch of individual green stalks, they don't branch out at all from the individual stalk base. they're not vibrant green but faded green

it's not Acanthophora but they do look somewhat similar. there is nothing branching out from each individual stalk. the stalk is almost cylindrical with nothing attached to it at all. i noticed some string or something stringy is kinda falling off the biggest stalk...

It's green? Looked greyish-brown on my display...

johnmaloney

like neomeris, or batophora?

look up fuzzy sausage algae too...goofy name, but I have a hard time spelling dasyclades vermicularis (?) Late at night give me a break. :)

It's green? Looked greyish-brown on my display...

that picture i found from a macroalgae ID site. it's not what i have in my tank, but it looks awfully similar.

to the kind sir above me, what i have in my tank is not fuzzy.

i'll have a picture on friday guys

Amphiprion1
that picture i found from a macroalgae ID site. it's not what i have in my tank, but it looks awfully similar.

to the kind sir above me, what i have in my tank is not fuzzy.

i'll have a picture on friday guys

Lol, you had me recalubrating my display like a madman.

Archived