inTank Media Baskets

What else do clowns host besides anemones???

DLeAnnM

WorldNation

well, over all the sites ive been to, ive heard ppl having their clowns host in clams(actually saw this ones, kinda cooh), mushrooms, frogsmawn, hammers, torches, anchor corals. but i dunno how much of those are true. but i can varify for the clam one. but thats also a one in a lifetime kinda thing.

clowns are probably the only fish that i know of that is totally unpredictable. you never know what they'll do. you may put an anemone in there for them and they will never host it. or they will. you just never know. i have a carpet anemone and a bta and one of my clowns host the carpet but the other clown would rather host my thermometer rather than the anemone. it's kinda crazy looking.

If you define hosting as in the clownfish snuggling into the coral like a cocoon I will have to add that I have seen them "host" in clumps of hair algae. I guess even that beats resting on the rocks.

The true percula I got a few days ago appears to have become attached to a micro-jet powerhead. he stays in that particular area, and at night gets right up next to it. i was hoping he'd take to my frogspawn.

Archived