Coral Vue Hydros

Will Bristleworms kill GSP?

slickchick

I had a very nice rock with GSP and over the past few weeks, some of the polyps are looking shriveled and polyps are missing. I have a small piece I pulled off the rock when I first bought the GSP and that piece is doing great. I was frustrated with how bad the main colony of polyps was doing so I started pulling the GSP off the rock and I saw small bristleworms....

Are they the reason my GSP is looking so bad?

I see a lot of new growth with very small polyps but the more mature polyps are gone and some of the mat is withering away. I also saw things that almost looked like egg sacks on the GSP...

What do you think?

I have lots of bristleworms and they have yet to bother my GSP. When my GSP starts to look bad, it's a water quality issue in my tank. Check your params.

HTH,

Lam

I have checked the parameters again and again and everything is fine. The only gsp that is doing poorly in my tank is the one attached to the original piece of rock that it came on. The pieces that I pulled off are doing great plus I got another frag of GSP from Seacrop and it is doing fine as well.

I suppose anything is possible but I have kept GSP for many years and have never seen it damaged or eaten by bristle worms. When I set up my latest tank the first three occupants were bristle worms. I think they are a valuable part of your clean up crew.

matt the fiddler

dude- gsp grows so fast.. it will be ok being eaten a little bit..

i would worry more about bright zoos and sps...

Archived