ReefCleaners.org

AquaClear HOB/Heater question...

Chromis

With a prospective 29 gallon aquarium how what size AquaClear HOB filter would be right? A 300? I basically want it to hid a heater in and also have my water top off float switch in (eventually). It will have no filter medium.

So basically what heater would fit in a 300 or do I need to upgrade to bigger than a 300?

Also, while I'm at it, assuming a 300 is enough, how much more water movement is recommended from a powerhead (or two?)?

You can't put the float switch in ithe flter because the water level always stays the same.

I'm not sure on the size filter and heater combo. You's have to try it out (at the store) to see what fits.

Lizbeth, you beat me to it. Float switch should not be put in an aquaclear ho filter. I have an aquaclear 200 and a visitherm 50w heater(7 & a half inches long) in it. I have to put it in diagnally. Make sure it does not touch the plastic.

oh yeah i forgot to say that for a 29g you will need 2 powerheads. also for a 29g tank you need more than a 50w heater and I don't know if they make a 100w heater small enough for an aquaclear. Than again I have never seen a 500 so I am not sure.

Archived