Coral Vue Hydros

Howl's Mushroom Forest

nathanq.inc

KeyboardWarrior

Great pictures as always mate my maxi mini used to do all sorts of shapes I do miss him a bit I'll defiantly get another when I have a bigger tank I'm sure your tank will be ok for a few days and if you wanna send me your mushies for safe keeping for a couple weeks I'll be only to happy ;)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nathanq.inc
Cool shots!!!!!

You're going to Florida????? omgomgomg

Where abouts? Disney World? The Florida Keys? The Gulf or the Atlantic or both? Florida was our vacation destination of choice, as a kid...so it holds a special place in my heart :)

Yup disney world! I don't usually go on holiday with my family anymore but there was no way I was passing up on an opportunity to go to florida again! haha. I'm really excited (an nervous!). it'll be the first time i'll have left the tank alone for more than a few days...

Great pictures as always mate my maxi mini used to do all sorts of shapes I do miss him a bit I'll defiantly get another when I have a bigger tank I'm sure your tank will be ok for a few days and if you wanna send me your mushies for safe keeping for a couple weeks I'll be only to happy ;)

Cheers! why was it you got rid of him again? mine's snuggling amongst the GSP and xenia right now lol. Haha that's a kind offer of you! but what I could do is just send you one or two of them? In a few months I should have some for swapping if you were up for that? plus i have loads of xenia and gsp if you wanted some?

I love Disney World!!!!! When I was a kid, my parents had a box that had different money slots for bills, groceries, etc. One of the slots was labeled "Disney World". It was a year of saving to go during the summer time, or sometimes the winter time for Christmas. We have the original Disney Land out here. I'm not as fond of it as Disney World. Unfortunately my son is not a fan of Disney Land :( I'm not sure what happened there....I think he got that from his dad!!!!!! :lol:

Do you have an auto top off for your tank? That's all you'll really need.

nathanq.inc
I love Disney World!!!!! When I was a kid, my parents had a box that had different money slots for bills, groceries, etc. One of the slots was labeled "Disney World". It was a year of saving to go during the summer time, or sometimes the winter time for Christmas. We have the original Disney Land out here. I'm not as fond of it as Disney World. Unfortunately my son is not a fan of Disney Land :( I'm not sure what happened there....I think he got that from his dad!!!!!! :lol:

Do you have an auto top off for your tank? That's all you'll really need.

Going at Christmas would be nice :)

I don't, no... I've never really looked into auto top off systems. Where would it go on my tank? or would I just use it for when I was away? could I make a D.I.Y one? so many questions... I'll need to do some research! what if it spilt when I was away....!! i'd never get to sleep lol.

Going at Christmas would be nice :)

I don't, no... I've never really looked into auto top off systems. Where would it go on my tank? or would I just use it for when I was away? could I make a D.I.Y one? so many questions... I'll need to do some research! what if it spilt when I was away....!! i'd never get to sleep lol.

How were you planning to take care of the evaporation when you are gone? Do you have someone coming in to check on things? If so, you could just have them replace the evaporation.

I just purchased the JBJ ATO system for my macro tank. In fact, I set it up today. I'm planning to have it running all the time. I have a lot of evap. with the open top so it will be very convenient for me.

There are DIY setups. El Fab has instructions in his pico tank thread for a DIY ATO. I've made his before and it worked great. Just search El Fab ATO....that should get you where you need to be.

Hopefully you won't have any spills while you are away ;) My brother left for 2 weeks on a business trip to Ireland. He didn't have anyone check on his tank and it did just fine :)

Here's a picture of the JBJ ATO unit I set up today on my tank. You just need the unit, a pump, and some tubing.

ato.jpg

KeyboardWarrior
Cheers! why was it you got rid of him again? mine's snuggling amongst the GSP and xenia right now lol. Haha that's a kind offer of you! but what I could do is just send you one or two of them? In a few months I should have some for swapping if you were up for that? plus i have loads of xenia and gsp if you wanted some?

I sold him because I just felt that he was alittle to big for my tank I've only got a 30 ltr TMC as you know and he took up a lot of space so sold him and started getting my mushrooms instead. But when I have a bigger tank I'll another. That would be sweet mate :) I think I have a spare blue one its just getting stuck down in my frag rack but of it's the same colour as my bother blue one you can have it if your interested? I've also got an amazing bright bright red one when that pops off some babies you can defiantly have a couple it's one of the brightest things in my tank! I'll take a miss on the Xenia and GSP though paranoid it'll take over. As for ATO's I highly reccomemd the TMC one I have

nathanq.inc

Thanks for the info guys! My friend has agreed to come in and top up the water! chemistry lesson was required but he understands now that salt does evaporate with water.. lol.

anyway, super quick update as i'm about to go to a party and get hammered.

i got an aussie orange plate coral that looks super amazing and I got a a yuma! pictures to follow. I would have bought more coral but the stuff was well more expensive than anticipated plus i got a court jester goby who looks fantastic and has already found a wee home under a mushroom! (there's enough of them haha).

I also saw the most amazing looking fish ever - pygmy possum wrasse. Honestly I couldn't leave the shop without him so I bought him - he can move his eyes in different directions!!! LOL.

Everything seems fine although I didn't realise how absolutely massive my female clownfish is. She has shown interest in the new comers but no aggression. Both of the new guys are totally passive, just hope she doesn't maul them while they sleep (she's a monster of a clownfish lol)

p.s manchester was amazing! and England won the footy so the atmosphere was fantastic

anyway, pictures tomorrow!

That would be awesome for the mushrooms! we'll have to do a swap, probe after i'm back my holidays though, might even have some yuma bambinos by then!

nathanq.inc

Yum Yum!

a1aedc3c.jpg

Plate!

c5e7ab3b.jpg

Jessie Jester

45698081.jpg

Three new polyps! this duncan is going to be massive pretty soon!

f15b256e.jpg

Mushroom mayhem

0dcce6da.jpg

There seems to be no problems so far with all my purchases! couldn't get a picture of the possum wrasse, he's very cryptic and swims away whenever I approach the tank, he's getting on well though with the clownfish which is good!

Oh my....LOVE that plate!!!!! Can't wait to see the pygmy wrasse too!!!!!

I hope you have success with the court jester goby!!!! From what I've read they can be very hard to feed.

I say a human ATO is the best kind :) Now you can go to Florida without worries (or not as many)!!!!

nathanq.inc

Thanks gena! feeding the plate coral is so much fun haha! he can actually eat quicker than my shrimp can steal lol. The wrasse is warming up to my presence and doesn't scuttle off anymore however when i get the camera too close he ends up swimming away and I don't wanna put up any rubbish blurry pictures, hopefully he'll get used to the photography and become as much of a poser as the clownfish!

Yeh I made sure they were both eating at the store (which they were) the wrasse is eating (and popping) in my tank but the jester goby doesn't seem interested at the moment... I hope he doesn't carry on with his hunger strike for very long...

nathanq.inc

I think jessie the court jester goby may actually be hector the hector goby lol! looking at pictures of both of them and they are quite similar but it's defo more black and yellow like the hector. Which is probably quite lucky 'cause it says it grazes on hair algae of which I have plenty! lol.

KeyboardWarrior

Nice new purchases so jealous about that plate what a stunner I've wanted one for ages! Good luck with the goby too they need filamentous algae to graze one for success very beautiful fish

nathanq.inc

The plate is amazing, picked everything up from abyss. Such a cool shop! The orange plate coral had moved this morning as well, went walkies and was lying under my hammer coral, so I did a quick swap around and gave him more room.

Thanks Bakenn, duncans are really cool and if you feed them they grow like crazy, those three polyp heads are only one month of growth and there is at least two buds on every head!

Nice new purchases so jealous about that plate what a stunner I've wanted one for ages! Good luck with the goby too they need filamentous algae to graze one for success very beautiful fish

It was well expensive but I had been paid that day and had travelled a good 5 hours lol, I wasn't going home without it. Yeh I have saw the goby nibbling at the tufts, so hopefully he gets enough food from that :/. Shame I never assumed he'd be difficult to feed especially when he took mysis from the (hot) assistant lady.

I used to enjoy placing mysis at the very edge of the plate and watching it move it in to the mouth. They are very cool creatures!!!!!

nathanq.inc

just did that there! was amazing! I was thinking that it looked like a video of it spitting the mysis out only in reverse...

just did that there! was amazing! I was thinking that it looked like a video of it spitting the mysis out only in reverse...

Yep!!!!! It's fun to do :) As long as you don't have critters that will steal the food before it gets to the mouth. Although they are surprisingly fast at moving it in!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
nathanq.inc

My Hector's Goby went missing this afternoon, I thought it very strange as he was always out and about... i searched through the back chambers this evening and didn't find him, then my Maxi spat him out :( he was so fat as well and eating loads of my hair algae! [distressing pictures to follow]

7ffdd72c.jpg

09dc0f31.jpg

• 1 month later...

I haven't been yet, two weeks to day we leave! (i've just been excited for ages about going haha) yeh sorry for the lack of updates, currently feeling pretty down about the hair algae problem that just wont go away :( so pictures of my tank look rotten at the minute.

I haven't been yet, two weeks to day we leave! (i've just been excited for ages about going haha) yeh sorry for the lack of updates, currently feeling pretty down about the hair algae problem that just wont go away :( so pictures of my tank look rotten at the minute.

You haven't even left yet??? omgomgomg

Here my summer is coming to a close (kiddo starts school again on Monday), and you still have fun ahead of you :)

Sorry to hear about the hair algae!!!!! I've been there MANY times :(

• 4 months later...
KeyboardWarrior

Any more updates Nathan? Got myself a RR48 this month hoping to do a LED fit like yours what colour mix did you go for the tank looks class

Archived