ReefCleaners.org

oceanic salt

michaelmouae38

michaelmouae38

Has any one used and if so what is the consensuses on oceanic salt, I just switched from red sae reef salt didn't like the high alk.

AZDesertRat

I have been using it for 8 years now and love it. It mixes up quickly and my corals like the extra calcium.

On my list of prefered salts I rank it pretty far down there. I've used it and have never been happy with the results. Its a fish only salt in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
totalimmortal363
On my list of prefered salts I rank it pretty far down there. I've used it and have never been happy with the results. Its a fish only salt in my opinion.

Im not saying this sarcastically but what is your favorite salt? I've been thinking of starting to make my own salt watyer instead of buying premix.

I've used Oceanic for the last 3 months. Only salt mix I've used. So far it's working fine. I just tested it last night and got the following parameters when mixed to 1.025:

Alk = 9 dKH

Cal = 520ppm

Mag = 1200ppm

Salifert kits used at low resolution.

• 11 months later...

Since I do not dose Calcium/kalc I need the extra calcium in the oceanic salt. You can always use a ph buffer to get it up to target 8.3-8.5 range.

darkwhitemagic

i used instant ocean (regular) for the first 6 months of my tank, just switched to red sea coral pro and i have noticed growth and everything seems happier. I didn't use the reef instant ocean tho, so i cant help you there.

oceancrawler
i used instant ocean (regular) for the first 6 months of my tank, just switched to red sea coral pro and i have noticed growth and everything seems happier. I didn't use the reef instant ocean tho, so i cant help you there.

DIddo ...... I Love the Red Sea Coral Pro salt, I have also noticed a far bit of growth, with this salt and overall happiness in my system, and right now I only have them under a single T5 HO double strip light (since i am awaiting the arrival of my new AI NANO Sol............ woop woop .... woop woop) hmm huh hmmmm well then good day sirs

DIddo ...... I Love the Red Sea Coral Pro salt, I have also noticed a far bit of growth, with this salt and overall happiness in my system, and right now I only have them under a single T5 HO double strip light (since i am awaiting the arrival of my new AI NANO Sol............ woop woop .... woop woop) hmm huh hmmmm well then good day sirs

I have been using it for 8 years now and love it. It mixes up quickly and my corals like the extra calcium.

Totally agree

Archived