Innovative Marine Aquariums

10g powerquad owners temp question

locass316

ok guys I gotta 10g with the 96 watt powerquad with the mounting legs. its starting to heat up a lil out here in cali. I dont really have the funds for a chilller, nor do i want to add a fan. my tank so far is fluctuating from 79 in the night to 82-83 at the hottest time of day. do any of you guys run without the glass top? will that help keep the temps down? any other suggestions? TIA

I have the same set-up. One question is whats the temp in your room? The temp isnt bad for the water at 82-83 really, but having it go down to 79 at night may not be so good. How long are you running your lights for. I've found out that having my lights on for about 7-8 hours a day is ideal.

im running it for 11 hours a day. is that too much? right now im just afraid that the temp will go past 83 once we get some 95-100 degree days. you guys think i should run my light at night instead of the day ?

whats the temp of your house??definately dont run that sucker 11 hours a day....cut back to 9 atleast, its a lot of light over a small tank. do you have any algae problems?

i dont seem to have any algae problems. my clean up crew takes care of most of it. im a start running the lights for 9 hours.

Archived