Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

WANTED: Cloned bulb-tip anemone

MKramer

I am in search of an E. quadricolor anemone of the cloning variety. Since it's nearly impossible to tell what type they have in a store, I'm hoping to find someone online who has clones to sell or trade. Looking for a small specimen (up to 3" diameter base), preferably of blue-green or the ever-coveted rose coloration.

I'm in the Los angeles area, but will pick up anywhere in California, SF and south.

Matthew

mkramer@ubermensch.org

Dont know if it helps, but Dr Mac Corals on line has CB Bubble tips that clone. A customer of mine ordered 4, 3 live , 2 are thriving. 6 months now.... hope ya try it.

Thanks, but I make it a policy to never order livestock. Especially something that can be in as bad a shape as an anemone. Unless Dr. Mac has a warehouse aorund here and I can pick out my own, I'll have to keep looking.

Thanks anyway.

you have the same odds at getting a crappy one from a lfs as U do from a shipper... ACTUALY I am thinking of ordering some from Dr. Mack myself....... RETAIL Priced too..... that should say something for the quality....... I dont like to order online either, just food fer thought.B)

Well, I'm glad there are some shippers than can be so highly regarded. I will keep that in mind as a last resort. The only advantage of an LFS is that I can visually inspect them, and I know pretty well what trouble-signs to watch for.

But really, I'd prefer to get it from someone who's keeping them happily in their tank. Don't have to worry about how much shipping stress they've already gone through, how well they've been taken care of, and if they are CB clones. Cann me paranoid, but I just don't trust fish stores. :)

There seem to be quite a few californians on RC with clones they're willing to part with, so it looks like I might be in luck.

Matthew

hey at my work we have about 15 roses right now. they range in price from 125-200 depending on size. i am in hayward Ca and roses are going crazy in the bay area. many people are sick of them and giving them away.

have you seen the prices for rose anenomes? on the internet i havent seen any for less than 150. i wouldnt pay it either so unless you find a local reefer that has some that are splitting you are going to pay high prices.

Oh yeah, I've seen the absurd prices for roses at LFSes and online. Found one store up in the valley that had a rose for $300 (it was an 8" one, but still).

But then occasionally I find them in stores for well under $100. I just saw a small one (~2") for $45 last weekend.

The prices are just plain inflated. With the huge increase in CB clones, they're bound to come down. But like you say, in the mean time you can just find the people who are raising clones and get them for a fraction of the going price.

Matthew

Archived