inTank Media Baskets

10g in tha dorm

lgoins

Here's some pics of ten gallon right before spring break. I almost lost some stuff, because my heater malfunctioned when I was gone and the temp got down to 70, but luckily, everything has recovered now. The specs are:

10 AGA

65 watt coralife 50/50 pc

HOB filter, carbon

Mini Jet 404

20 lbs live sand

20-30 lbs live rock

Inhabitants:

Anthelia polyps: free from kickbak

Encrustin Xenia: free from kickbak

Red Sea Xenia

Colt Coral: $5

Toadstool

2 red reef hermits

2 turbo snails

1 emrald crab

1 yellow tailed damsel

Any suggestions would be nice,

Had to move the tank twice already and it's been a pain, no fatalities though. I dose iodide occasionally and feed zooplex every other day.

Reefer_Buddha

awww dont be a mr. sourpuss. I think it looks good man. You just barely posted give people time to see your tank.

I was going to comment on how good your tank looks (nice rock work, awesome looking anthelia and xenia, etc)......but now, I know you only took photos with a <$500 camera.......I feel as thought you've wasted my time! Thanks alot!

sorry for the negative comments before, I just feel that I don't get good feedback on this site sometimes compared to some of those who have great photography techniques accompanied with great aquariums. It's frustrating not to have income, hence the limited things you can do with a tank and the photography. Thanks for the comments

I think it's a beautiful softy tank! All the corals look very healthy. I'm going to be takeing my 5gal with me to my dorm room next year, hopefully all the electricity everything uses won't be a problem.... :)

Unfortunately, you can almost always count on a power outage sometime during the year. Most important thing is to not let the water get stale and to keep the temp moderate.

theclearblue

I haven't had any problems at school with power outages or capacity. Although I wish I had an extra outlet near the tank. Maybe you'll be up for a battle of the dorm tanks next year.

Lgoins, I really like your aquascaping, it doesn't look really crowded and looksl ike you have a ton of floor space. My only suggestion is pretty insignifcant. I'd leave the mag-float in the top of the tank rather than near the sand bed.

Glad to see someone else in the Carolinas, seems like everyone is in California.

at uc irvine my friends dorms get the power shut off during spring break. hahahha so its complete nothingness during the whole week and most of his stuff died.

Tanks looking good. Those frags I gave you are full colonies now. We'll have to see if we can get out to Charlies to pick up some more stuff sometime.

theclearblue

lgoins if you look at what I wrote I didn't say that it was "so important," I in fact said it was "insignificant." Your line of sight usually doesn't allow you to see things at the top of the tank as well as things toward the bottom. Most often because our eye level is above the top of the tank. It looks like your tank is sitting on a table, so if the mag float was in the top left back corner it would be a lot harder to see. Unless you were sitting down.

But, as I said, extremely insignificant in the overall scheme of things.

Archived