SaltCritters.com

EBMUD water

Bunky Squid

Bunky Squid

has anyone from the East Bay (oakland berkeley hayward etc) used the tapwater?

i'm trying to get water for my 25 gallon tank, arriving tomorrow, but sources of RO water are pretty scarce. Theres AC, 30mins each way and Aquarium (in Concord) also a 30 minute drive.

which might be ok just to get topoff water and water for changes-- if i make the drive every other week or so-- main problem is I only have one 5 gallon bucket.

so has anyone found any other sources? or anyone have advice? buying my own system is not an option-- after everything else for the new tank there isnt any money left.

Definitely do not use tap water! It will cause you so many problems in the long run that it is just not worth it. Look for a Glacier water machine outside of your local supermarket. I live in San Diego and they are everywhere, so chances are there will be at least one near you. Invest in a second bucket and make a few trips.

Bunky Squid

-- or at least as close as you can get, on this planet. One of my roommates does biology research in Lawrence Berkeley Labs. I'm headed up to his lab right now to pick up 25 gallons of the cleanest clearest water that can be produced. This is the stuff they're using in all their DNA and RNA synthesis experiments. As clean as you can get with a million+ $ filter system.

guess i dont have a problem anymore.

thanks for the advice though

Just thought I'd mention that I have two of these water containers.

I bought them for £12 at one LFS.

Each holds about 8Gallons of RO water!

Saves me from going to the LFS too often. My tank is 24G -- very similar size to yours.

If you use that water make sure you use really good salt like reef crystals, kent, or tropic marin. Dont use no cheap salt and expect it to have all necissary elements.

Archived