SaltCritters.com

Canister Filter - Which One to Choose

Dragon.Tale

Canister Filter  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which Canister Filter Do You Use/Recommend?

• Eheim Pro 3
    • Eheim Classic
    • Rena
    • Marineland C-series
    • Fluval 05 Series
    • Fluval G-series
    • Fluval FX5
  2. 2. How Long Have You Been Using the Selected Filter?

• Less than 1 year
    • 2 years
    • 3 years
    • 4 or more years

Dragon.Tale

Dear fellow reefer,

I'm in the process of setting up a 40-gal fish-only tank and cannot decide which canister filter to buy. Any suggestions?

I'm brand new to canister filters and the more I research online the more I get confused. My LFS don't seem to be much help, just trying to sell me the more (if not the most) expensive one. :angry:

If you have a few moments, could you provide as much feedback as you can? ex. little annoying things, big pluses, etc.

Thanks in advance for your time!!!

disaster999

i recommend using the biggest canister filter you can afford and shove it full of bio rings to maximum filtration.

better yet, scrap the canister idea and just use a sump and pack that thing fill of bio rings.

also, should of posted this in the equipment forum, your not reviewing any equipment here.

Dragon.Tale
i recommend using the biggest canister filter you can afford and shove it full of bio rings to maximum filtration.

better yet, scrap the canister idea and just use a sump and pack that thing fill of bio rings.

also, should of posted this in the equipment forum, your not reviewing any equipment here.

Thanks! I'll move my post.

Archived