inTank Media Baskets

tpallas' 11.4g LED SPS Rimless

tpallas

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's how I programmed the controller. The software is downloadable from the GHL website. I used the included USB cable for connection, but the eventual plan is to get this thing online and do it wirelessly.

The first part of the setup is (besides setting the time, date, and location) programming what I want the unit display to show. I elected the following:

Display.jpg

Next, you have to go into the special lamps section and let the controller know you're using Aquailluminations lights, which set to light channels 1, 2, and 3. It took some tinkering to figure out that 1 was royal blue, 2 was blue, and 1 was white.

Speciallamp.jpg

Then I programmed the times on each individual channel. I elected to have a main period of intensity from 10:00 - 6:00, with appropriate ramp up/down times for the blues, and the royal blues serving as the moonlights. Here's all three together:

Illumination.jpg

Finally I set the cloud, moonphase, and rainstorm simulation parameters:

Simulation.jpg

Thunderstorm.jpg

It's taken a bit of tinkering, but I definitely like the ease and options available with the Profilux available over the stock AI controller.

Thats some awesome high tech chit right there.

Love it

Loving your tank, threads like yours are what make this site the most motivational I've ever come across. Keep up the good work! Also, I'm looking at moving my 2.5 into a Mr. Aqua 3 with a GH nano overflow. Any problems you encountered during the drilling process?

Love the rockwork. Drooling over the profilux.. haha.

Thanks! It's working great for me so far.

Loving your tank, threads like yours are what make this site the most motivational I've ever come across. Keep up the good work! Also, I'm looking at moving my 2.5 into a Mr. Aqua 3 with a GH nano overflow. Any problems you encountered during the drilling process?

Thanks for the words man! Drilling was a breeze. The only tip I would give is to make sure you use a template, otherwise the bit can skip around and scratch the glass.

sweet!

hey dude, you running a tunze 9002? do you set the line right at the water level or a bit over or under?

Thanks dude. I'm running a SWC 120 but I have run a Tunze Nano before. I set it right at the water level line and fine tuned with the needle valve. If you had problems with foam that's too wet I might try lowering the water level/raising the skimmer. Love your new tank!

SouthFlorida_Tron
Thanks! It's working great for me so far.

Thanks for the words man! Drilling was a breeze. The only tip I would give is to make sure you use a template, otherwise the bit can skip around and scratch the glass.

Thanks dude. I'm running a SWC 120 but I have run a Tunze Nano before. I set it right at the water level line and fine tuned with the needle valve. If you had problems with foam that's too wet I might try lowering the water level/raising the skimmer. Love your new tank!

Thx bro, nice advice.

nice new photos

why are the ricordias / yuma hiding under a cave / nook?

Thanks! I put them there. They do open up a bit more as my lighting is pretty intense for rics.

I managed to get the Profilux Powerbar up and working:

powerbar.jpg

Then cleaned up the wires. Here's the view from my bed, with my two projects: the tank and my theater system. Still researching Denon receivers and some PSB towers:

room.jpg

It's been a rollercoaster learning maintaining SPS in an ULNS, which is new to me. Corals looked good for a bit, then took a hit due to an alk drop. But I've also noticed some problems with coloration - one is some corals are brown, and others are pale. I first bleached a bubblegum acro by putting it to close to the lights. I dropped the white percentage down to 15%. I think this was the first mistake. To rectify it I've moved the bubblegum and have slowly been working the whites back up to 30% (the light is still only 2" off the water). So I believe part of it was not enough light.

The pale corals are the second problem. I think this may be a result of a lack of nutrients, so I started dosing Reef Booster in addition to the Nano Pack (Prodibio). I may also consider the Korallenzucht nano pack. Also got the Hanna phosphate checker:

tests.jpg

These guys all look ok, except for poor PE from the acro on the left:

psammo.jpg

My Bali brown slimer. Think this is due to insufficient light/lack of nutrients:

brownslimer.jpg

The bleached acro in its new spot and a few others in good shape, except for the strawberry shortcake which is VERY pale:

bleach.jpg

Mr. Coral tequilla sunrise, so far so good:

teq.jpg

Frogskin, my best performer:

frogskin.jpg

It's been trial and error so far. Parameters check out, .2 nitrates, .04 phosphates, 9.8 alk, 1380 mag, 430 ca. Barring pH swings - which I can't monitor until I get my pH probe up and running - I'm tempted to think this is a combination of insufficient lighting and poor nutrients. But open to suggestions!

Cheers

Woot sauce!

Nice! Trying to catch up with you man

tank is coming all quite well!

do you like the hanna checker? when i get monies, i need to get something like that.

Thanks! I really like it. I bought the phosphate checker first b/c I know how useless the other tests can be. I'm still pretty happy with my Salifert tests for alk/calc/mag....so until I run out of things to spend money on I'll keep using those.

Good news is my alk has been testing pretty straight. NEED to get a doser to keep it even....not easy in a tank this size!

And, Jeff at Lifereef is building my sump this week. Pretty stoked. Will post pics when it arrives.

So my sump being built at Lifereef is about ready to ship....the probe rack is going in the return chamber:

sump.jpg

The blue on the bottom and brown on the back is paper backing on the acrylic for shipping.

LOL, maybe.

I was just going through your thread seeing where everyone was killing you for updates, then ran across this.

Found it a lil' funny

tpalla, the tank is looking good by the way. sorry for getting off topic

I was just going through your thread seeing where everyone was killing you for updates, then ran across this.

Found it a lil' funny

:angry:

LOL thanks guys no problem!

Sump arrived from Lifereef! Extremely well packaged and looks great right out of the box. Jeff does a great job of including everything you need. I'm working on replacing the 5 gallon now:

DSC_0154-2.jpg

DSC_0155-1.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0157-2.jpg

DSC_0159-2.jpg

DSC_0158-2.jpg

And the foam rubber to place underneath:

DSC_0160-3.jpg

Archived