Seriously great looking tank man

Awesome thanks man!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to work installing the sump.

It's always more difficult than you think it will be:

DSC_01542-1.jpg

Cut the return tubing down to length....not as easy as it looks! Got everything else installed and began to calibrate the pH probe:

DSC_01552-1.jpg

Probes mounted:

DSC_01582-1.jpg

The complete setup:

DSC_01572-1.jpg

Looks a lot cleaner than before!

DSC_01852.jpg

My loyal sump custodian. I've had this guy for three years now. Unfortunately he gained an appetite for fish so he's relegated to sump cleanup duties. He gets a good daily meal so he has it good:

DSC_01592-1.jpg

I'd be extremely careful with those lights, I have a Nano on a 60-F and at 75% it bleaches the crap out of my corals so I have to run it less and re-acclimate.

You'd have to run the Sol at 5-10% that thing is monstrous! Tank looks great, love it so far, looking forward to seeing it with corals. Check out my thread so you can see the Nano over a 60-F, it's really high abov ethe tank as well and I've melted a few zoas and burned some SPS white :( LOL

I'd be extremely careful with those lights, I have a Nano on a 60-F and at 75% it bleaches the crap out of my corals so I have to run it less and re-acclimate.

You'd have to run the Sol at 5-10% that thing is monstrous! Tank looks great, love it so far, looking forward to seeing it with corals. Check out my thread so you can see the Nano over a 60-F, it's really high abov ethe tank as well and I've melted a few zoas and burned some SPS white :( LOL

Yeah, I started it at 10% and I've worked my way up to 30% on the whites. At the lower figures my corals were actually looking bad and they look a lot better now. Once I get the light mounted on a tree I'm shooting for something closer to 75%.

wow sump looks so much better man.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

My pleasure! Here's the latest FTS. Still getting over the algae bloom from stopping the Prodibio dosing. I also ordered some 70 degree optics so the light will be much more uniform. You can see the concentration of white in these photos from the middle pucks.

DSC_0167-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
SouthFlorida_Tron
Thanks!

Thanks Tron! Love the new clam!

the new maxima? ya he has amazing colors!

but your gigantor crocea is sick

Thanks man!

Love it when boxes come. Received the Profilux 4 unit doser today:

DSCF0536.jpg

DSCF0537.jpg

DSCF0538.jpg

Here is where I am placing the unit:

DSC_0178.jpg

The tubing will wrap around the unit to the backside of the stand, where I will mount three bottles of Calc/Alk/Mag (haven't decided on what to use the 4th on yet).

Now, where do I get more of this tubing??

Cheers

that clam looks really happy

Prodibio dosing???

Had to cut out the Prodibio - for the time being anyways. There just weren't enough nutrients for the corals. Right now I only have a six-line and a cleaner wrasse. I want to put in a pair of black clowns - at that time I might re-visit the issue.

Now.....will Royal Exclusiv PLEASE make a nano skimmer???!!!!!!

still the sickest set up here on NR

Thanks man!

I set up my fuge yesterday. Using a JBJ LED fuge light:

DSC_0170-1.jpg

Fits perfectly between the sump and stand wall:

DSC_0171.jpg

Light on ready for chaeto. I'll run this reverse cycle:

DSC_0172-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
DSCF0408.jpg

Can you tell me which pvc fitting you used on the overflow to make such a tight 90 on the bulkhead. Compared to the return which exposes about an inch of thread? Does a standard 1" Female elbow screw onto the bulkheads outer threads?

EDIT-

Ahh you have the bulkhead reversed with the smooth side out, and are using a slip fitting going inside. Is that right?

• 1 month later...

Quick update....moved apartments last month which was a PITA. Experienced a small mini cycle with some algae and growth slowing, but things are stopping to look up again.

DSC_0164-3.jpg

DSC_0167-4.jpg

DSC_0168-1.jpg

Archived