inTank Media Baskets

tpallas' 11.4g LED SPS Rimless

tpallas

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron
lol I literally JUST sent you a pm asking which macro you use

You can get real close or back up a bit, lengthen the exposure, and get nice shots like the one in my sig, also a macro shot.

I installed the second MP10 today:

DSC_0159.jpg

DSC_0160.jpg

But it's not operational yet as I'm going to convert it to the new wireless controller.

Profilux package also comes in the mail tomorrow, and the diatom bloom is finally dying down. Should be clear in another few days. I'll post more pics this weekend.

Cheers

The SWC 120 is really starting to come into its own:

DSC_0158-1.jpg

And, a nice surprise from GHL waiting for me when I got home:

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0157-1.jpg

I'll post more after I get it up and running.

First stage of setup of unit, getting the basic connections down.

First, positioned the unit in its tentative spot:

DSC_0159-1.jpg

Prepare to install the temperature sensor:

DSC_0160-1.jpg

Which is plugged into the marked temperature connection in the rear:

DSC_01552.jpg

This is the pH sensor. The instructions indicate that the unit may misread if not mounted vertical, so I will wait for my sump before calibration and installation:

DSC_01562.jpg

Next, the AI control cable:

DSC_01572.jpg

DSC_01582.jpg

I'll leave the USB cable for connection to my laptop permanently connected and hanging off the back of the stand, so all I have to do is reach around and grab it to connect:

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0164-1.jpg

The PAB cable, for connection to the Powerbar:

DSC_01592.jpg

DSC_0162.jpg

Last but not least the power supply cable:

DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

All the connections that I'm using this time in place:

DSC_0167-1.jpg

Unit installed and ready for basic programming:

DSC_0173-1.jpg

Next up, programming the light cycles.

Oooo sounds fancy!

One thing. You've pimped out yer tank with the best equipment, now you're gonna have to stock it with the best corals.

Ugh, what I'm trying to say is that I love your tank and there is no doubt I see a TOTM soon. :ninja:

Oooo sounds fancy!

One thing. You've pimped out yer tank with the best equipment, now you're gonna have to stock it with the best corals.

Ugh, what I'm trying to say is that I love your tank and there is no doubt I see a TOTM soon. :ninja:

Thanks man! I did add some frags, but right now I'm really focused on getting just the right water quality down...once I get a doser I'll be a lot less worried about fluctuations. Appreciate the words!

Damn it man, that is one extreme tank setup.

Love the corals.

Safe to say, I'm following along

Have to ask, cuz i might of missed the reason.

Why 2 Vortec

Whew just keep the updates coming.

I'm blown away.

Thanks! Will do. The biggest thing I have to learn now is aquarium photography.

Damn it man, that is one extreme tank setup.

Love the corals.

Safe to say, I'm following along

Have to ask, cuz i might of missed the reason.

Why 2 Vortec

Thanks man. Frankly, because I had an extra from my old tank. I guess we'll see how good a job it does eliminating dead spots. With the Profilux - Vortech control unit I'll have better control over the flow than with the stock Vortech controllers.

Mmmmm sexy

Thanks Tron! Looking forward to your Friday updates!

Here's how I programmed the controller. The software is downloadable from the GHL website. I used the included USB cable for connection, but the eventual plan is to get this thing online and do it wirelessly.

The first part of the setup is (besides setting the time, date, and location) programming what I want the unit display to show. I elected the following:

Display.jpg

Next, you have to go into the special lamps section and let the controller know you're using Aquailluminations lights, which set to light channels 1, 2, and 3. It took some tinkering to figure out that 1 was royal blue, 2 was blue, and 1 was white.

Speciallamp.jpg

Then I programmed the times on each individual channel. I elected to have a main period of intensity from 10:00 - 6:00, with appropriate ramp up/down times for the blues, and the royal blues serving as the moonlights. Here's all three together:

Illumination.jpg

Finally I set the cloud, moonphase, and rainstorm simulation parameters:

Simulation.jpg

Thunderstorm.jpg

It's taken a bit of tinkering, but I definitely like the ease and options available with the Profilux available over the stock AI controller.

Archived