ReefCleaners.org

Approximately how blue will my tank look? Please Look

Djm9288

HI, I am getting 2x36 watt Pcs for my 10g. These are in addition to my 2x13 watts. I plan on putting 2x36watt 10,000k, and 2x13watt 03 actinics. How blue is my tank going to look?I want it to be clear w/ a little blue. Should I go with 2x36 watt 6400k bulbs instead? I plan on having the actinics go on an hour before the rest of the lights and have them go off an hour after the rest of the lights go off. I dont want my tank blue, I want it clear(colorless)

What should I do?

Daniel

Go with the 10,000k bulbs. It's clean "white" light. The 6400k are very yellow.

Bulbs don't last forever, so if you hate it next time get something else. I really think you would like the 10,000 better than the 6400k.

Ditto on da Lizbeth recommendation! I had a 6400K and then went to the 10,000K... It's a fantastic clean white light. Your 13 watters will give it that nice "bluey" tint you are after.

Nah, you don't want to make it that different... Why not one 10K, one 50/50 on the 36's, that will be fine, and then a couple actinics for the 13's? Think about it, it will turn out pretty even, and you will still be able to turn on the 13's first. That is still more white color, and the blue won't be over bearing... My two cents, I think that you will be more happy that way,

gaber

p.s. i light my tank with one blue 36 lamp, one 50/50 36w lamp, and a 32 watt 50/50 lamp,, that means mostly blue and it looks fine. I am going to add 36 more of white, but that will only even it out.

Archived