Pod Your Reef

70 watt MH, can you keep any sps under them?

95 stang

I want to a 70watt MH, but looking at some of the tanks with them on well don't look like there isn't much light. So my question is what can you keep in terms of sps, besides slimmer. Oh ya I got a 12 gallon tank.

the anwser is yes, you can keep SPSs under them. I have a 5.5 gallon all sps tank with a 70 watt 10k and 26 watt actinic. They love the light!

I've got a 70w HQI Ushio and a 28w Actininc. For Sps I have porities, stylophora, and acrophora(but it's the bali green slimer you excluded) and all of them are growing and doing well. Sorry if the species spelling is off, but I thought you'd like some details of what sps people are keeping.

maroonclown

Don't forget montipora. I had an acro SURVIVE under 20 watts of NO lighting. It didn't do very well, but it survived for 5 months (NEVER going to try it again).

Originally posted by 95 stang

I want to a 70watt MH, but looking at some of the tanks with them on well don't look like there isn't much light. So my question is what can you keep in terms of sps, besides slimmer. Oh ya I got a 12 gallon tank.

Being the owner of two of these 70w MH lights, I can tell you that these are some bright bulbs. Pics don't do them justice!

Mike

If you look at most of the posts were people say "I just upgraded to MH" Everyone says the same thing......"These pics DO NOT do the tank justice!" Trust me, they're bright.....BRIGHT AS HELL! See my sig for acros I'm growing...

Originally posted by 95 stang

onthefly,what is a sig?

I'll answer for ya. On my posts, it says "I'll move back to VA when y'all change the weather!"

Its a quote you add to your profile.

Guys use it to say things, list tanks, etc.

Mike

yeah hallides are so much brighter than pc's i looked straight into the hallides at my lfs and went blind for like 3 minuites,when i did it to pc's it didnt really hurt my eyes that bad,Chris

Archived