SaltCritters.com

New additons to my 120 FOWLR w/Video

z6joker9

ok, it's not so nano, and it's not so reefy, but i figured i'd post today's purchases...

i picked up a Niger Triggerfish and a Powder Brown Tang.

nigertrigger.jpg

powderbrown1.jpg

more of the tang here: 2 3 4

tangandtrig.jpg

tangandtrig2.jpg

The video quality is lacking, but it gives you an idea...

Right-Click, Save As: 120 Gallon Marine

All my 5 gallon reef got today was a turbo snail... next time might be new coral time. :)

What do you guys think?

i think your 120 looks awesome. what kind of equipment u have on that thing? lights/filter? also how many lbs of live rock is that? i want to give fowlr a try.

are u running a sump/ refugium?

Originally posted by ElectroTT

i think your 120 looks awesome. what kind of equipment u have on that thing?  lights/filter?  also how many lbs of live rock is that?  i want to give fowlr a try.

are u running a sump/ refugium?

thanks! I am running a sump, I believe it started out as a whirlpool but I've changed it a bit to fit my needs. I'm using a protien skimmer... the name escapes me at the moment, but it's a pretty common one, and the model is the 150. I could stand to get a better one, but for the last year or so it has been doing the trick.

I have 6x36w PC for lighting, half 6500k and half 03 blue. It's just to light the tank up, not nearly what I'd need for corals. However, I may be changing them out in favor of 2x250 MH within the next month, so it might not stay FOWLR for long :)

It's ~140lbs of LR so far, and I do want more. I'll be satisfied when I get well over 200.

Archived