ReefCleaners.org

My 20 gal

reefmaster3024

reefmaster3024

Hey Smokin-Reefer and gsxr1000 here is a inside shot of my temporary hood, having a real one built with lift up front and 16 inches tall. but you can get an idea of the light lay out. 25 inches wide and 14 inches deep, and this hood is 8 inches tall. smokin-reefer the mushrooms are an ugly brown and bleached out supposed Tonga's, that were supposed to be blue. I don't really know what they are, expensive ugly.....LOL . But the color does not change no matter where they are.

Smokin-Reefer

Thanks alot for the pic of the inner hood, now I understand how it all fits. The thing is, now that you've flattened the halide reflector, whats the light spread like? Does it still seem to work just as well? As for the height being 8 inches, is that really too shallow? I see you're going with a 16 inch hood for the final version, any heat issues with the current set-up? is hanging a hood an option for you?

sorry so many questions.

daniel

reefmaster3024

Hey smoking-Reefer Iwill try to answer your questions in order.

(1) The light spread is a little wider, had to move halide back1 inch to stop light shining on couch, nothing worse than bleached out leather....LOL so it sit now just like photo I posted.

(2) 8 inch is to shallow I have hood sitting up on 1 X 2s to keep a 10 clearance off of water. The 16 inch hood is so I can get some room inside top of hood to put in wiring and ballasts.Also it is so I don't have to take off hood . It will have a flip front up front on the new one.

(3) Heat is pretty stable at 80 degrees year round.

(4) cant hang pendant because tanks sits next to TV, too much glare.

Hope this answers you question, If not email me anytime.

P.S. here is an updated shot of my tank that shows gap in front for fan ventilation.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi reefmaster3024...It was nice talking with you today. That is a really nice tank! let's definately hook up in the next several days to do a trade.

I was wondering...do you have any frags of the capricornis left? I see that you had some earlier in the thread. Let me know. Jason

Archived