Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Explosion of life

MGXsport

wow this is wierd. I don't have pictures because things are so small so you'll have to go by discription for now.

I had the lights off for about 3 hours and have been watching for about 30 minutes.

First I saw was what looks like to be asptasia (sp?) Really hoping it isn't but I'll have to wait and see if it is a featherduster or asptasia.

And then a huge worm looking thing white translucent in color came out and probed around the whole tank still stuck to the rock.

Help I am worried I'll have to be playing the exterminator soon :*(

Hey, that's exactly what my tank is going through. I see little feather dusters too that look somewhat like aiptasia. I'm guessing some of them are feather dusters and some are just extremely tiny aiptasia. They do have a distinct look if you stare at it long enough. Maybe you can try get a peppermint shrimp, I hear they eat aiptasia.

However, the "explosion of life" also brought about an explosion in algae which is ####ing me off :P. Let's just hope my mexican turbo takes care of that!

BTW, did you buy any nassarius snails from Blue Sierra? They are just absolutely the coolest addition (so far) to my tank. They're like sharks when it comes to feeding time.

yeah I got two nassarius snails. I wish I got more because the black ones I got really don't clean up that well, but i guess they do have to get through a lot of algae. Hopefully in a few days the unknowns will develop more so I can ID them.

Archived