ReefCleaners.org

breeding nudibranch

xxbrianxx

Has anyone ever tried breeding decorative nudibranches? I'm not talking about berghia, but more attractive looking ones.

phi delt reefer
Has anyone ever tried breeding decorative nudibranches? I'm not talking about berghia, but more attractive looking ones.

i think the problem is they have weird diets or eat corals so they hard to keep in a reef tank.

i dont think so people buy them from lfs and then they end up dying a few weeks later because of their weird diets.

If I had a tank set up to have man o wars then I would definitely get a blue dragon nudi, you should check them out they are sweet!!!

If I had a tank set up to have man o wars then I would definitely get a blue dragon nudi, you should check them out they are sweet!!!

tumblr_l2rylj8qGY1qzs4d0o1_500.jpg

Those look f**king awesome!

this one too _MG_4069-thumb-480x719-1405.jpg

Does anyone know anything about breeding them? I know they're hermaphrodites but is it relatively easy to get them to spawn if you have two? There's not much info if you google it..

Alpha Aquaculture
this one too _MG_4069-thumb-480x719-1405.jpg

Does anyone know anything about breeding them? I know they're hermaphrodites but is it relatively easy to get them to spawn if you have two? There's not much info if you google it..

Its all about the food. Give them enough food (energy) and a mate and they will reproduce. If you want to breed decorative nudis you need to decide which one and then figure out what it eats and then setup a culture of its food. After you have established an ability to culture their food you should get the nudibranchs and let it happen!

I would advise trying to figure out which one eats hydroids and culturing that one. Hopefully its a cool looking one :)

thanks kris I'll look into that. btw I'm still workin on that design! don't worry I haven't forgotten about it haha

• 10 months later...
thanks kris I'll look into that. btw I'm still workin on that design! don't worry I haven't forgotten about it haha

bump, any update on the nudi breeding? would love to be able to keep some of the brighter nudis. blue dragon and pikachu are too cool.

Archived