Innovative Marine Aquariums

CSL Options

alexmsw

I am starting to buy the pieces for my 20 long finally and I find out the CSL is out of business (Wasn't able to do it in the fall like I originally planned so haven't visited the site since before Xmas). I read the two threads in this forum, but it's been awhile since anyone has posted. Does anyone have any news? The 30" PC/moonlite is what I always planned on using for this tank, but really is pointless if the bulbs won't be available. Anyone have any other suggestions?

theclearblue

Get a current USA fixture if that's what you want to do (made by ex-CSL employees), it shouldn't be difficult at all to find replacements bulbs for the CSL, the 30" runs 65 watt bulbs which you can get from any number of vendors. The 40 watt bulbs in the 20" fixture are a different story.

Yeah, bulbs are interchangeable. All you need to know is thier pin configuration, square vs. straight, and the CSL uses square. I just bought one of their fixtures about a month ago. I have no worry about them going out of business and took advantage of the closeout sales. The only concern people have is with warranty, but I heard a rumour that the new company they are starting will honor CSL warranties, though im not positive...

Archived