Pod Your Reef

Sps?

beckham

I was looking at the SPS pack from phishybusiness.com and I really liked this offer.What is required to keep the SPS?Is it hard to keep them?

Thanx for replies:) !

I will have a 130W Coralife PC and my tank is 12 inches high.Will this be enough light?Is anything else required to keep SPS?

thanks

I have seen *ONE* success story of acropora (a very light demanding coral) being kept under PC lighting. It's my friend's tank, and it has 2x65w PC's.

My friend is a contractor, and gets to work from home 95% of the time, so he spends all day testing and dosing the tank, etc. His water params make me jealous. I have a feeling that this is the main reason his acros are still doing well.

If you want to be able to keep an anemone or SPS or clams, metal halide is the way to go.

Good luck.

-q

reefmaster3024

Beckham, you can keep some sps type corals under pc ,for example capricornis is one that grows under pc. Some acroporas and montiporas will ,but only if they are aquacultured ie. second or third generation grow outs (frags). But must be kept up high and have bulbs changed frequently. Ive seen some cerealis grown out under a couple of 96 watt compacts. But dont expect good growth rates or nice colors as most will brown out ,if you dont keep them under halides.

Water stability is key. That is why a mature tank is recommended. High flow rate is also important. I have seen acropora live and grow under pc but they did turn brown.

Archived