Innovative Marine Aquariums

Just 1 pic

Korbin

Nice shot.

I like the sparkle effect.

you should throw some glitter around the tank next time.

Or use the Martha Stewart camera filter.

But really, it looks like nirvana.

Nice clear photo of an impending fire hazard. I am kinda serious but not trying to be mean. That electrical cord setup wrapped around a metal frame spells disaster.

matt the fiddler

how so acoustic? i am not well studied in fire codes... [ i have a cord wrapped around the shelf of my freshwater downstairs....]

water drippage? tripping equiptment?

a coil of cables magnetising the shelf- and making it turn 90 degrees to face polar north? yankign the lights into the water.. and POOF- there goes the house?

:happy:

Originally posted by matt the fiddler

a coil of cables magnetising the shelf- and making it turn 90 degrees to face polar north?   yankign the lights into the water.. and POOF- there goes the house?

no stupid. metal frames are highly flamable.

Okay here goes.............

Lets say an electrical surge occurs. The twist on connectors melt or burn off. The exposed wire then arcs to the metal frame. The metal frame then conducts and convects electricity and heat to everything it is connected. This in turn super-heats the carpet and wall outlet which would smolder and possibly burn. In addition, all of the electrical components on that shelf system have the potential to short and burn.

Mind you it seems extreme but it is probable based upon simple fire science and methodologies.

matt the fiddler

see.. glad i asked and didn't assume.. acoustic, full of random usefull knowlge.. you should work for an insurance company! you coudl make them a fortune!

Archived