SaltCritters.com

What are these?

Avidity

i think i heard some where "not sure where" of these isopods being researched and one ended up digging into a girls skin and they had to cut the little bugger out before it got in deeper

Great, haven't added any livestock to the tank yet. I wonder how much of a pain it will be to get rid of them :(

There are more than a few. There are lots of them :(

edit: It's odd because I didn't have to creep up to my tank to see them and although the lights were out on my tank, it was mid day so there was definitely light in there. The ones I pulled out rolled up into little balls. Also, from looking at this diagram it looks like sphaeromatids. Maybe I'm just hoping....

carbon-mantis

Eh, if they're in your filter and not sucking the goo out of your fish, they're probably benign. The big-eyed cirolanids are the blood suckers, if I recall.

Eh, if they're in your filter and not sucking the goo out of your fish, they're probably benign. The big-eyed cirolanids are the blood suckers, if I recall.

I have no fish in the tank yet as it's just finished cycling (only been up about 4 weeks or so).

Finally got home and was able to check. I don't see as many around as before so they must be hiding somewhere. I did see a couple tiny ones on the back wall and tried catching one of them. This one looked just like a male Sphaeromatid (the tail appendages).

Anyone know what these cocoon looking things are?

cacoon.jpg

Archived