SaltCritters.com

Swull's ADA 60-P

swull

Well after a 5 year break from the hobby, i was browsing the forums and found some clean looking ADA tanks. I will be building a custom stand (we will see how that goes, lol). The plan is to use a Eheim Ecco Pro 2236 with lily pipes and an inline heater. Inspired by Schreiba's ADA 60-F.

EQUIPMENT

ADA 60-P

ADA Garden Mat

Eheim Ecco 2236

Hydor Inline heater

Coral Life PC Lighting

LIVESTOCK

1x Ocellaris

1x Black and White Ocellaris

1x Cleaner Shrimp

1x Sexy shrimp

6x Blue legged hermits

4x Nassarius

2x Turbo snail

4x Astrea snali

2x Trochus snail

Tube Anenome

CORAL

Frogspawn

Zoanthids

Ricordea

Yellow Polyps

Xenia

MISC.

Marco Rock

Marco Mortar

Live Sand

Bio-Spira

Here was the first 60-P that was delivered:

Cracked

Swulls60P00032.jpg

Called UPS, did an over the phone inspection of the damaged box. The next day Aqua Forest Aquarium shipped out a second tank.

I cleaned up the broken tank, only the back pane was broke. Not sure what to do with it, looks too good to just throw away. Maybe save it and have a piece cut later for it.

sucks about the tank! i too am coming out of a 4-5yr break from the hobby. my 60p should be delivered on tuesday. hopefully it arrives in good condition. i'm going with the bio-filtration route and 4x24 t5's. only thing still up in the air is a stand for the tank.

good luck!

Aquarium Stand Progress:

36Lx16Dx34H

Design based on Project Aquariums How to video

Except I will be Staining it to match the Pool Table in the room. Also went bigger than the aquarium, so i would have room to set stuff on. Also more room in stand for a sump later.

Started screwing the sides together

5923761245_6fe39e9b1a.jpg

Guled and screwed the top on

5924326880_9fb7442a7a.jpg

Glued and screwed the bottom strip and mounted the door

5924328048_e4d7c625aa.jpg

Thats one large door

5924328382_81d0889c99.jpg

Dragged it in the room to see how it looked, threw the broken tank on it. Also had to do some drywall patch, from the dart board that i took off the wall.

5923765423_811c473a9e.jpg

sucks about the tank! i too am coming out of a 4-5yr break from the hobby. my 60p should be delivered on tuesday. hopefully it arrives in good condition. i'm going with the bio-filtration route and 4x24 t5's. only thing still up in the air is a stand for the tank.

good luck!

Definately going to have to check it out, once u get it going :)

I'm glad I could help provide you some inspiration!! I can't wait to see how it turns out :happy:

Thnx for tagging along on the thread. It'll be nice to have your experience to pull from, during this build.

Finished painting and staining the stand. Would have liked it to be a little darker, but this will do :angry:

Now i need to decide where to put holes for the wires and the canister tubing.

Should i vent the stand or will the canister filter and inline filter be alright with out it?

Not sure if it is going to produce any heat.

First coat

5924329988_da244b7383.jpg

Second coat

5924415232_b3a65531b3.jpg

5924415984_a2bb8d99ab.jpg

Painted inside to match the pool table felt

5924419504_0c6b7b0137.jpg

Nice work on the stand...you'll be glad you made it that large, all the extra room for sump/equipment and chemicals/test kits will come in handy.

nice...and Jesus was a carpenter...lol...

Nice work on the stand...you'll be glad you made it that large, all the extra room for sump/equipment and chemicals/test kits will come in handy.

Thanks guys :)

Still need to order the Lily Pipes, debating over the do aqua brand or an ebay set. Do the Do Aqua version look better than the ebay knock offs?

The 2nd aquarium arrived and some product. Having some bad luck with shipping.

Fed ex smashed my inline heater box. Hopefully the heater will work when i hook it up.

5928647889_5551e28593.jpg

My marco dry rock and cement should be here by the weekend. Might start on the aquascaping :)

Finished my aquascaping :D

Used Marco dry rock and Marco Mortar mix.

5948000345_ec156173b8.jpg

5948556936_6a31f698cb.jpg

5948007059_7b600fa4f6.jpg

5948562294_ab24a74d5c.jpg

5948006737_df874b4b4e.jpg

Just waiting on some grommets to get here, for the plumbing holes in the stand.

Then i can hook it up and get some sand and water in it :)

Awesome scape

Thnx Rehype. Cant wait till the coralline covers the grey cement.

And a huge Gratz! On NTOTM on reefcentral.

This tank is looking great!

With the broken tank I think if you got a new piece cut for the back and even painted it black, it would look sweet! :D

Thnx Rehype. Cant wait till the coralline covers the grey cement.

And a huge Gratz! On NTOTM on reefcentral.

Thanks alot!

This tank is looking great!

With the broken tank I think if you got a new piece cut for the back and even painted it black, it would look sweet! :D

Thanks JDH :)

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Once i get the main tank setup i might take it to a glass shop and see if they can cut me a piece.

I am a fan of your scape dude. :)

Thanks Zer0 :D

Finished my aquascaping :D

[...]

5948006737_df874b4b4e.jpg

Just waiting on some grommets to get here, for the plumbing holes in the stand.

Then i can hook it up and get some sand and water in it :)

Nice work on that scape! It looks just about good enough on its own like that in that crystal clear glass tank without water. :D

This is awesome build! Might just on the ADA bandwagon soon! :)

Thanks d'Espresso

You won't regret getting one of these tanks.

Nice work on that scape! It looks just about good enough on its own like that in that crystal clear glass tank without water. :D

Thanks J-Ranko.

Have to admit, that glass is amazing.

Looks great. How was your experience with the mortar? Is it easy to work with and does it appear to have worked well?

Looks great. How was your experience with the mortar? Is it easy to work with and does it appear to have worked well?

Thanks Bensanders

Excellent product so far. Very easy to mix. I would mix 1-2 cups of the product at a time, because it starts to dry up in about 10-15 minutes. Make sure you have your pieces ready to go, before u mix a batch. The mortar itself isnt as sticky as normal mortar. That being said, you want to make sure you have a way to support the piece till it drys. I waited 3- 4hrs before adding another layer to the structure. The final product is Strong! I grab the entire structure by the top piece and it feels like one solid rock. I also bought a bag of dry sand. To throw on top of the grey mortar while it was wet, to lighten the color closer to the rock color. The pictures make it look darker than it actually is. The only thing left is to see how it does in a tank of water.

I was very happy with the product.

Archived