Cultivated Reef

hellolights actinic vs. AH Supply actinic

xstealthrtx

xstealthrtx

I just emailed AH Supply and asked them if their 'dark blue 03' bulbs are true actinic and I didn't really get a clear answer. Just wondering if anyone has an answer for me.

The reason I ask is because I have an eclipse 6 with 2 x 13watt 50/50's from AH Supply (thinking about doubling amount of light) and the tank just doesn't seem 'blue enough.' when i look at peoples minibow systems with the 32 watt retro it looks awesome, nice mix between the actinic and the 10k. I've been hearing great reviews about hellolights bulbs, especially their actinics.

I dunno maybe it's just me being picky about my tank :happy:

So far all my lights (except for my 27 watt quad cause they don't stock em) have come from Hello Lights. I'm really happy with their product and service. The 9 watt actinic and 13 watt 50/50's I'm using on my tanks are really nice. The two 13 watt 50/50's are on my 1 gallon pico. Here's the thread with apic. It will be the last picture. The hood to cover the lights is in the works.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...20&pagenumber=2

I ordered the Hello lights 28/32w "true" actinic, or whatever they are calling it, last time I replaced bulbs. It has a more purple color to it rather than the blue of a "regular" actinic. It reminds me of the URI VHO Actinics in terms of color. I haven't seen both side by side but I've had a tank with the URI's for comparison.

Hope that helps. :)

Archived