inTank Media Baskets

My new 5g Hex setup

samksy1

I just finish setting up my first nano 5gallon hex.

Got 6lb of fuji life rocks and 1.5 inch live sand bottom. Got the original sea water from a lfs. Water is crystal clear. The water that i got saids, that i can add fish instantly, is that really posibble? I have read alot, and i know it takes a while b4 you can really do that. Oh, i am also running a small power head and a 100 watt heater, probaber too much. Is that okay? Thanks

Another question is will my live rock die if i don't have proper lighting? And, would 11W Compact Flourecan light do the job? Thanks

Your rock should be fine. The heater might cause a bit of a temp jump when it turns on/off. Make sure its in an area of high flow. It should be OK too.

Your instinct was right - wait before adding fish. If you feel the need to buy something, get some test kits and see whats happening with the nitrogen cycle.

Is there anything you can add to the tank, after several days of setup. I mean life stuff other than live rock and sands? Can i add snail and crab at this point? Thanks

If your ammonia and nitrates are fine, then you can add anything. Most things will handle a little nitrate, but its not good for them. Macro algae (if you decide you want to keep some) would do fine.

Archived