Pod Your Reef

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's what won me over :)

That and he has control over his spots. When he's calm he's solid dark brown with those white saddle stripes. When he's mad he gets almost black and covered in white specks.

He also tells funny jokes.

that's one of the bests part about blennys omgomgomg

when it gets close to night fall and when the lights go off, my blenny puts on his racoon stripes :)

Man, your starry looks better than mine.. :rant:

What does yours look like? Like a rough and tumble biker blenny?

That's because Joel tells him funny jokes and sings him lullabies too, every night :lol:

Yeah when I first got him I bought him a joke book and I've spent this whole time teaching him to read. His delivery is a little off but it's still funny.

We watched the old Bill Murray movie Stripes yesterday and he really liked it.

Now that I have a skimmer for a tank twice the size that I have I'm feeding 2x daily a mixture of the 3 main Ocean Nutrition Flakes: Brine Shrimp Plus (literally solid brine shrimp), Prime Reef (more meaty goodness), and Formula 2 (spirulina algae + a lot of garlic for healthy fish).

He also eats any algae in my tank and by how much live plankton I have now he's got to be eating a few whether he wants to or not.

And lastly he's back to eating sand. :lol:

And I sometimes give him pizza.

I've never seen him change his "trees" :lol:

I'll try to get some good open shots of him calm vs angry. It's adorable.

Mark (flame) and Vinny (blenny) are frenemies and they hang out but Vinny is always flared and spotty when they do.

Now that I have a skimmer for a tank twice the size that I have I'm feeding 2x daily a mixture of the 3 main Ocean Nutrition Flakes: Brine Shrimp Plus (literally solid brine shrimp), Prime Reef (more meaty goodness), and Formula 2 (spirulina algae + a lot of garlic for healthy fish).

He also eats any algae in my tank and by how much live plankton I have now he's got to be eating a few whether he wants to or not.

And lastly he's back to eating sand. :lol:

fatty

On Thanksgiving I considered giving my fish a little turkey :lol: Not really, but everyone else was having it :)

I saw a starry blenny at my LFS today and admired him for a while. Maybe when I upgrade I can get one. :)

I was admiring the one at Vivid on Saturday. I'm getting one when I upgrade, for sure :) I can't believe I'm thinking about upgrading :wacko:

On Thanksgiving I considered giving my fish a little turkey :lol: Not really, but everyone else was having it :)

I was admiring the one at Vivid on Saturday. I'm getting one when I upgrade, for sure :) I can't believe I'm thinking about upgrading :wacko:

So you didn't give them turkey? I spot fed my corals some gravy.

That's the way things go, you get a tank, fill it up, then you find that fish or coral you have to have but can't keep then the urge slowly builds up until you can't resist! :D

You guys talk about Vivid all the time. Evidently it's nice?

Did you see the pictures of the store on Gena's (I think) thread? It's freaking awesome!

That's a good headshot of the starry Blenny... B)
+1

He's trying to get his comedy career off the ground :lol:

Love the diy mesh top .... looks like spiderman had sex with it or something

I can't escape that thing can I? :lol: it's been disposed of, the cardboard dojo has been rebuilt in a way.

Sig worthy, imho... :lol:

It's worthy of something that's for sure :lol:

Archived