Coral Vue Hydros

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Truth be told I don't use Siri that much, but yeah I've tried to trick her, I also like making her call me daddy.

ftfy

Yes, I'm that behind.

To follow the rules, first off...

LOVE the new tank video! Everything is looking good as usual. I really like how much your tank has matured and seems to have found its groove :D

Secondly, I really appreciate the new set of rules. I think they are all very practical and shouldn't be that hard to follow. Good work B)

What is up with you and Brad using pretty music. I used Dr. Dre like a big girl and I have to go back to my love bug playlist? That is not fair. Tank looks good, that happy sympodium is making me very jealous. You need more fish yesterday, something yellow and big like a TANG. J/K. Maybe a lemon peel?

Very nice video Joel, I love how this tank is progressing :)

Thanks! I'm actually pretty excited to see how it progresses as I'm away from it. Imagine all the new growth I'll see when I only see it every 4-6 months.

To follow the rules, first off...

LOVE the new tank video! Everything is looking good as usual. I really like how much your tank has matured and seems to have found its groove :D

Secondly, I really appreciate the new set of rules. I think they are all very practical and shouldn't be that hard to follow. Good work B)

The coralline is starting to explode. :) and I think the rules were a long time coming.

colormyheart

That video is the cutest! Good work, Joel. :) I love the fish, they add a wonderful splash of color.

I'm sad that I didn't see your shrimp though! I love how much your tank has progressed, it's beautiful!

What is up with you and Brad using pretty music. I used Dr. Dre like a big girl and I have to go back to my love bug playlist? That is not fair. Tank looks good, that happy sympodium is making me very jealous. You need more fish yesterday, something yellow and big like a TANG. J/K. Maybe a lemon peel?

A tang might be the only thing that can handle the beating of dotty. Every time I've tried to use my own music it gets stripped so I just use the stock music. The sympodium really took off, you just need to find the spot for it.

or a pygmy, I love those little guys

I'm pretty sure dotty would make short work out of a Pygmy. :lol:

That video is the cutest! Good work, Joel. :) I love the fish, they add a wonderful splash of color.

I'm sad that I didn't see your shrimp though! I love how much your tank has progressed, it's beautiful!

Thank you! Rewatch the video, look dead center under the SPS, both shrimp are out. :)

I'm pretty sure dotty would make short work out of a Pygmy. :lol:

Oh yes, I didnt think about that, do you already have a goby/pistol pair? If not get one, they are awesome to watch. Their symbiotic relationship is mesmerizing..

Jacob042426

what about a wrasse?

or a KOLE TANG? PLEASE?

Oh yes, I didnt think about that, do you already have a goby/pistol pair? If not get one, they are awesome to watch. Their symbiotic relationship is mesmerizing..

+1 :)

or a KOLE TANG? PLEASE?

untitle.JPG

sorry joel if that was a little off, just tell me if it is, I just dont agree with this statement

Wow, how the heck did I miss them? I'm sorry! This tank is so wonderful, I love it. :) You need a clam!

It's fine. :) I have too many bristle worms to be comfortable spending money on a clam. It's also a little more high maintenance than I'd want to leave in my parents' care. They are also expensive and do not breed/can't be fragged. Can I stop giving reasons why I don't want to get a clam now? I'm running out. :lol:

Really like the video.

Thank you! :)

Fred Schneider would destroy them.

what about a wrasse?

or a KOLE TANG? PLEASE?

Wrasse might work but I'd like to keep my bioload down. I could keep a Kole, but I don't like the way big fish look in small tanks. With my damsels the tank looks bigger.

sorry joel if that was a little off, just tell me if it is, I just dont agree with this statement

No it's cool, one of my favorite rage faces. :lol:

Who is Fred again? I'm sorry, fairly new to this thread and I'm still learning who is who.

Oh yeah, Fred looks like a nasty little bugger.

But he is pretty! :)

Who is Fred again? I'm sorry, fairly new to this thread and I'm still learning who is who.

This badass motherfather who don't take no ####:

4TnGx.jpg

:lol: I really like this guy. He's gotten more out going lately.

Joel, I like the new rules. I really like the new video man :) your tank is soooo cool.Your sps seem to be coloring up nicely, sucks to hear about that one monti though. I can't wait til I move man, have more tank to play with. I fixed my video and it is now features lametastic music if you haven't watched it yet ;).

haha....clam hater ;) I love/hate them lol...kinda like I love/hate clowns

He is really pretty

There's no way you could keep him in a nano though. Unless it was species only. They are only slightly less vicious than mantis shrimp. He's pinched me a few times. :lol: he's the reason I didn't get neon gobies when I restocked.

Joel, I like the new rules. I really like the new video man :) your tank is soooo cool.Your sps seem to be coloring up nicely, sucks to hear about that one monti though. I can't wait til I move man, have more tank to play with. I fixed my video and it is now features lametastic music if you haven't watched it yet ;).

haha....clam hater ;) I love/hate them lol...kinda like I love/hate clowns

Thanks on both counts. B)

I'll check out the video. It's not that I don't like clams, the main reason is the lack of care I can provide for it while at law school. The coral will be fine but since the clam needs to be fed I'm hesitant. I can't wait to see what you do with your tank systems with the new house.

There's no way you could keep him in a nano though. Unless it was species only. They are only slightly less vicious than mantis shrimp. He's pinched me a few times. :lol: he's the reason I didn't get neon gobies when I restocked.

Thanks on both counts. B)

I'll check out the video. It's not that I don't like clams, the main reason is the lack of care I can provide for it while at law school. The coral will be fine but since the clam needs to be fed I'm hesitant. I can't wait to see what you do with your tank systems with the new house.

I am sure if you tell them what/How Much/and when to feed it should be fine!

Love the video, I try to use the happy music as well. I have to take a short Vid tomorrow, I actually killed the battery on the DLSR today taking pics for my update, so tomorrow is VID day!

Really looks good! I love your lobster, glad I didn't get one though. I have nothing in this tank that attacks me other then the cleaner shrimp and he just molests my hand. Pinching would suck. :lol:

Nice video, Joel!!!! I have to say again how happy I am that you won't be tearing this tank down!!!!! I look forward to the day when I get to see the whole top of your tank filled in with glorious specimens of sps :happy: It will be epic :)

You guys are inspiring me to make another video. Maybe tomorrow!!!!!

andrewguilfoy
This badass motherfather who don't take no ####:

4TnGx.jpg

:lol: I really like this guy. He's gotten more out going lately.

Wow.. I've never seen one of those before, What is he? Kind of looks like a reef cray-fish.. does he nip at corals?

I am sure if you tell them what/How Much/and when to feed it should be fine!

Love the video, I try to use the happy music as well. I have to take a short Vid tomorrow, I actually killed the battery on the DLSR today taking pics for my update, so tomorrow is VID day!

Really looks good! I love your lobster, glad I didn't get one though. I have nothing in this tank that attacks me other then the cleaner shrimp and he just molests my hand. Pinching would suck. :lol:

Definitely take a video tomorrow! :)

Nice video, Joel!!!! I have to say again how happy I am that you won't be tearing this tank down!!!!! I look forward to the day when I get to see the whole top of your tank filled in with glorious specimens of sps :happy: It will be epic :)

You guys are inspiring me to make another video. Maybe tomorrow!!!!!

It will be nice in a few years if it doesn't crash and it's completely covered in coral. :) you should take a video too. :)

Wow.. I've never seen one of those before, What is he? Kind of looks like a reef cray-fish.. does he nip at corals?

He's a Debelius' Reef Lobster. He doesn't nip at coral but he moves frags around, he uses them to dress up his den. The chalice and pinstripe palys I have he moved on his own to his opening and then he kept taking the mars rhodactis mushrooms away from his den so I've moved them away from him. He also sticks pieces of caulpera in crevices around his den but I pull those out to keep them from rooting. He is pretty good with fish, my neon damsel sleeps in his den every night. He's 95% nocturnal and only comes out during the day for feeding but I can easily see into his den. He's easily one of the best additions in the tank.

Archived