SaltCritters.com

Fish for a 10G

Chunnie

The nano is up and doing well. Zeros across the board for over 2 months. Coral (mushroom, sinularia, lobophyllia) all looking great and I am ready to add my 1 fish. Anybody have any info on either of the following two:

sm six line wrasse

rainford goby

Chime in if you have any opnions, or other suggestions

Thanks

Brad

the wrasse would be cool, after i got my first fish (red head goby) i thought about a wrasse but he'd probably beat the hell out of the goby. in any case, wrasse would be cool, i'd say thats a good first choice.

ken

Its good that you're going with small fish, but that goby might be a bit boring, in my opinion. I would look at firefish, jawfish, royal gramma's, etc....

My LFS had a really cool yellow algae blenny....

spoondigity

I have found 4 or 5 sites that talk about the Sixline Wrasse. I got a mixed feeling towards them. In general, it seems they may be slightly aggressive to smaller peaceful fish. At the same time, one site reported that it is a great reef fish. They reportedly bury themselves in the sands at times to sleep. Most sites recommend a 20+g tank but my LFS recommended one to me for my 10g tank. I know this doesn't give a clear answer, but their reviews are slightly mixed online.

i would do the a small goby and another fish. you would be fine with that in a ten gallon. bioload wouldnt be a problem and neither would territory because they would occupy different niches in your tank.

Archived