SaltCritters.com

moving livestockd

craigofva

jeff@zina.com
Do yall ever have issues moving live stock?

Moving as in selling or moving as in transferring between systems? Both have issues.

Jeff

Sorry for not being clear. I was asking about selling this time.

I guess it would depend on what you are breeding - but I can't raise mine fast enough for my vendors.

jeff@zina.com

It also would depend on your market. An area with a lot of retailers to sell to, or a wholesaler to sell to, can accept quite a few more fish than the one LFS in a two hour drive. If you ship, you can sell more.

Jeff

Whats going rate to whole salers? 1/4 market vaule? Do you think my wife would let me set up a breeding system in our dinning room? I mean its for the kids really.

Whats going rate to whole salers? 1/4 market vaule? Do you think my wife would let me set up a breeding system in our dinning room? I mean its for the kids really.

Yeah.. I have to tell you it will be hard to set up shop in the house (unless you have a lot of room) and be profitable. You also have to consider what you are breeding and there is a lot of initial and operating expenses associated with breeding. Not to mention the time and energy you will spend on it. You will have to get into a routine that involves upkeep and feeding morning / day and night - every day.

If you are planning on breeding standard clowns you will be lucky to break even. But if you choose to breed "bad ass" clowns like rrgc then you might make a couple of bucks. Seriously though - I wouldn't look at it as a profit center because it will be a money pit for a long time before it becomes profitable. (if at all)

For example - just as you start turning out some clowns you'll realize you need more tanks and want to expand to support the grow out - that means more tanks - more lighting - more plumbing - more pumps more heaters, bigger chillers or higher AC bills and it goes on...

Wow you make it sound so dreamy :-p. But im sure your telling the truth.

Or maybe ur just trying to prevent the greatest clown farm of all times.

"Craigs clowntopia"

But i think its more ur telling truth.

Wow you make it sound so dreamy :-p. But im sure your telling the truth.

Or maybe ur just trying to prevent the greatest clown farm of all times.

"Craigs clowntopia"

But i think its more ur telling truth.

Seriously man - you need to be borderline certifiable to do it. You really have to have a passion for the hobby and just enjoy it. That's where the real value is.

Well it looks like a lot of work that is for sure.

Hey can you clame your house as a farm on ur taxes? And write off all the tanks

FishEyeAquaculture
Well it looks like a lot of work that is for sure.

Hey can you clame your house as a farm on ur taxes? And write off all the tanks

In Florida you can greenbelt since aquaculture is agriculture. But not if it is attached to your house, i.e. basement, garage, because the area being used falls under your homestead exemtion.

If you live in agriculture zoning, and have a seperate building for your operation, then the building is exempt and you only pay $5 per acre on the surrounding 2-3 acres in property taxes (depending on the county).

I always heard. You should thy make a 2nd income

self business look as a lost on ur taxes.

Write off all your tanks :-p

Archived