Pod Your Reef

Euphyllia together?

discusking86

discusking86

Ok i just want to know what the answer is, I read that you can put together eupyllia species without them stinging each other. Is this true or is it only true with the same species like frogspawn with frospawn or torch with torch. Does any one know anything about this? please tell me any info you have on it. :)

I have seen various Euphyllia species in relatively close proximity without problems. If you are concerned, just keep an eye out.

movingshadow

I agree with reefmaniac, just keep an eye out for possible irritation/damage and have another place in the tank to move the coral to just in case... hth

discusking86

so it is possible to keep them in relatively close together then? I was jsut wondering because my tank is pretty small, and Euphyllia are my fav, so i wanted to know it this was true, thanks for the advice.

I have a frogspawn (euphyllia divisa), branching hammer (euphyllia parancora) and an elegance (cataphyllia jardini) all touching or nearly touching and all seem fine.

Originally posted by movingshadow

I agree with reefmaniac, just keep an eye out for possible irritation/damage and have another place in the tank to move the coral to just in case... hth

Kinda sounds like me and movingshadow together--we might sting each other once in awhile --but you could keep us together--but you might need to move one of us to another tank. LOL

heres an old picture of some frogspawn, purple and green branching hammers living together in harmony. since then ive added a torch nearby with no adverse effects

(that frogspawn head died before putting them close together)

lps.jpg

Archived