SaltCritters.com

frag farming profit.

craigofva

What kind of volume do you need to move to make a profit. I guess it really depends on you set up. I have always said i wanted to be working for my self by the time im 35 thats 8 years away. If ( key wo rd if) i. were to do that what steps would i need to take?

Trogdor447
What kind of volume do you need to move to make a profit. I guess it really depends on you set up. I have always said i wanted to be working for my self by the time im 35 thats 8 years away. If ( key wo rd if) i. were to do that what steps would i need to take?

you can make a profit on anything.. You really need to create a very serious business plan. It is going to involve a LOT of overhead to get started.. And you have to expect to not really turn a profit for a while when doing this.

Consider to setup a 'reef ready' tank at a general 10 dollars per gallon.. Multiply that times a LOT of water

then consider you need to get a reseller account through like UPS/FedEx..

And now market your business as well setting up an online store.

You could go down to your LFS today.. buy a slamming deal on a coral slice it up sell it to some buddies for some profit. But now you have to get wholesale accounts through massive distributors who usually require initial purchases in the thousands.

Formula462

Went and picked out some corals for our store the other day ( i didn't my boss did) spent about 300 dollars. We can buy however much or however little we like with the corals. FIsh I believe is another story.

krackerjacksna

the idea to work for yourself is supplemented income. my opinion i would get more then one business going to turn a profit. start with corals (with me this is my second business). i have a baseball card thing going as well for income (as well as my full time job) i wanted to be done at 50 (26 now) but also remember you shouldn't re-invest every penny as with the young age compound interest can be your best friend. ROTH ira's work real nice. tax free on the money when you pull it out. my personal goal to let my money make the money for me. to live off of the interest it makes. just my 2 cents

Formula462
the idea to work for yourself is supplemented income. my opinion i would get more then one business going to turn a profit. start with corals (with me this is my second business). i have a baseball card thing going as well for income (as well as my full time job) i wanted to be done at 50 (26 now) but also remember you shouldn't re-invest every penny as with the young age compound interest can be your best friend. ROTH ira's work real nice. tax free on the money when you pull it out. my personal goal to let my money make the money for me. to live off of the interest it makes. just my 2 cents

My plan before it's too late as well.

krackerjacksna
My plan before it's too late as well.

when i first came to the idea of not wanting to work for the rest of my life i was 16, so i started selling boot-leg dvd's and cd's. i was making housecall fixing peoples computers for cash. Then it was modding out x-boxs, hooking up car stereo's. now its butchering deer, baseball cards, and have just started the coral deal, and helping a buddy to roof's on the weekends, all while still having a full time job. trading stocks and trying to keep up with a 1 year old.. my only advice is buy low, sell high. and dont get lazy

Move to Southern California and get your re-seller permit and make wholesale runs down to the ports. I do this every so often and get good returns and I can pass along great prices compared to every LFS. It's just a supplement though I couldn't imagine trying to make a living doing that.....it would take the whole fun out of the hobby.

Archived