Pod Your Reef

I upgraded my Eclipse 12 to a 20H all glass, but....

SaltyMist

Okay, so after trying to rearange my liverock again today, I managed to not take enough care and put a huge gauge across 3/4 of the front acrylic pane.

So... Off to the LFS to get a new tank, and I came home with a 20gallon High tank.

I opted for the 20H over the 15 because I liked the height, and if I want to add a powered skimmer it's tall enough to do this without any of it having to hang down below the tank. But now it's got me wondering about lighting.

The LFS owner said he might be getting in some high powered T5 lights on Friday so he loaned me a regular flourescent bulb temporarily to keep light in the tank until he gets them in for me to see.

So this has me wondering, has anyone seen the highpowered T5 lights?

He tells me they are basically throw away lights, when the die, you throw them away and get new ones. The regular T5 lights at his store are $19.95, but he couldnt tell me how many watts they put out, and how many of them I would need to keep some nice coral in my new tank. Anyone know, or have other suggestions on lighting.

The tank is 24x1/8L 11/16W x 16 3/4H, total capacity 66.3L

I tried searching for T5 Lighting, but kept getting the message that T5 is too short of a word.

Thanks,

Now this tank will need some more liverock that I will get ever so slowly as to not create a major spike, though there is little in the tank right now, and Im still going to use my Cascade 1000 canister filter with it, since it's really not a chore to squeeze out the prefilter in the water that I pull from the tank on water change day. I was going to get the Aqua Clear 500, but he told me not to waste my money, and that as long as I rince out the sponge filter media in my canister when I do my regular water changes everything will be just fine.

Now if I could just get the stickers off of the tank, I'd post a photo, maybe later tonight.

Archived