inTank Media Baskets

Recommendations on Reef Book

Tasiamay

I am looking for a nano reef book for a beginner. I am looking into setting up a nano reef, but would like to do more research before I actually begin buying. I am looking for a book that covers the following subjects:

~ Starting a reef from scratch (ie what equipment I need, what types of LR/LS are best, etc.)

~ covers most aspects of what chemicals I will need, how much to add, what good levels are, etc.

~ recommendations on corals and fish for nano reefs

Basically, I am looking for one that covers every important thing I need to know to setup and have a thriving, healthy nano reef.

Also, please mention the author and where it can be purchased.

Thanks a heap!!!

There aren't many books specifically about nano-reefs (in fact I don't know of any). Try these:

"The Conscientious Marine Aquarist:... " by Fenner and Turk

"The New Marine Aquarium: Step by step... by Michael S Paletta.

"Marine Fishes" by Scott W. Michaels

"Corals: A Quick Reference Guide" by Julian Sprung

You can order them on most of the on-line bookstores (amazon, BN.com, etc).

I bought 2 of them to get me goin.

The New Marie Aquairum

The Conscientious Marine Aquarist.

I'm in the process of reading TNMA and it's been excellent thus far. I've got a good grasp on what I need. I'll be reading TCMA before I do anything tho. Between those 2 book and this site you should be faily sucessful starting a nano. Least I hope I'll be.

Originally posted by Tempest

There aren't many books specifically about nano-reefs (in fact I don't know of any).

i hate to keep outing espi but i'm getting pretty impatient myself.

hey dave, i have an outline done if you need it. if you don't hurry up i'm gonna put out an informative brochure myself. :P

tullock's Natural Reef Aquariums is pretty good. he does a decent job doing a 10g (?, i don't remember) mock setup. i think he does it FOWLR and then a possible reef conversion. it's a little dated but still a good coffee table book.

Archived