Top Shelf Aquatics

can cheato loog in a 4 gal pico if done right

michaelmouae38

michaelmouae38

Hi all I have seen many of you just use cheato as part of a refugem, I would like to scape my 4 gal pico with it. example on one of the rocks with relay nothing on it on one side then a bridge with the coraline rock and zoas and shrooms then a little on the sand bead. I also have Halimeda, and grape calurpra. I just want a natural look. please post your tank of macro and I will have mine up to. I relay need help here.... thanks.

post-67365-1309321804_thumb.jpg

post-67365-1309425712_thumb.jpg

Magiksurfman

yep it can be done but it has a tendency to creep itself around everything and take up real estate , not that its hard to control but id try putting it in a basket or bottle with holes punched in it (internal fuge). though i can see it would take up real estate regardless in a mini tank.

its a detritus catcher, helps to rinse it from time to time if used up front it catches fish waste directly/feed waste etc. not much at first, but after time it can select for algae growth to become mixed in with it in the presence of strong lighting

its a detritus catcher, helps to rinse it from time to time if used up front it catches fish waste directly/feed waste etc. not much at first, but after time it can select for algae growth to become mixed in with it in the presence of strong lighting

This happened to my chaeto before. Other nuisance algae started over taking the chaeto and choking it out.

michaelmouae38

I can see your point as I just cleaned the tank and wow there was some fish poop and brine in there. The cool thing is when I took it out there were some slug type things just a few but I swished it around in the tank and hopefully they got off, and I hope to God there not baby nudi's :o .

Archived