Innovative Marine Aquariums

My First Reef Tank! 18gal Pics

konapete

Here's a shot with my desk that its sitting on...

Let me know what you think!

Specs:

18H Krislin

Coralife Powerquad 96W

HOB Penguin 125

HOB homemade refugium w/ 1" sand and 1# LR

2 Hagen 301 PH

21# premium Bali LR

2" Live Southdown

temperature stable at 84F

Salinity at 1.023

Haven't bought livestock except the rock...

Hitchhikers:

5 Astreas (1 flipped over and croaked over the weekend :( )

tiny white snails of all shapes...pyramid, conical, round

sluglike creatures with a half-shell

Tons of pods

Tons of Mysis

Yay! I'm off to a start at last...

matt the fiddler

ahhh right next to the computer.. the most ideal place.

hope you don't have tons of real work to get done at that computer..

jsut watch the salt spray from your hands.. when figitign wiht the tank- computers don't like that.. i have had one close call..

Hehe.... Thanks guys. Yeah, That's just the monitor. My CPU is on the floor on the left side of the desk so i think i'll be alright. I'm lucky i have a laptop too so i can escape to the library... I'll never get anything done at my desk! Thanks for everybody's input!

matt the fiddler

my problem is my computer was at bottom lef tside of a tabe- with the tank on the right. a river across the table almost hit the CPU as it was headed to the floor...

Good luck the tank. It looks great from the picture.

One question though... 84 degrees seems a bit high to me. I was under the impression that 78-80 was a good temperature range. My tank is at the same point (just added live rocks/sand and waiting for the cycle), but I have mine holding at 79 degrees. Although I do realize that stability is the most important factor, so perhaps we are both ok. Can anyone shed light on this?

You guys in Ohio should join CORA. The Central Ohio Reef Aquarium club. We have a forum over on Reefcentral in the club forums. We meet every month and have swap meets and stuff. Membership is easy. Just show up.

Archived