Innovative Marine Aquariums

Now after my failure on to an AquaFuge

MGXsport

I think I am going to go with the small 13 inch aquafuge. Would this be enough for a 10gal?

Where is the best place to buy one?

Originally posted by MGXsport

did you get a factory second?

How do they perform?

If you're talking about the seconds from Ameka Aquatics, I bought a BakPak2R second. To tell you the truth, I couldn't tell you why its a second. I also bought the bubble trap box that said it had too much glue on the tag. Couldn't tell you where that was either.

You have to go to the right spot on their website to get the seconds. Sometimes they have some, sometimes they don't.

Mike

That blow's!

They had them for months. Perhaps it's a revolving inventory thing. The second looked and worked great! I did have a small problem, in that the internal baffle came unglued from the wall, so there was a slight bow and some water was leaking by. With some consult from the acrylic lord buddha....I got it all ship-shape!

I love it! Worth it at full price to me!

They must have just put it on there.

I ordered a new one from Drs. Foster & Smith for $20 with shipping. Hopefully it will be here around Thursday so I can get some sand and rocks into it.

• 1 month later...

ABOUT FACTORY SECONDS:

These are 'FACTORY Seconds' from the CPR Aquatic manufacturing facility.

They all carry the normal warranty that CPR Products has for their entire product line.

CPR Aquatic classifies "FACTORY Seconds" as those units which have "cosmetic blemishes, but are structurally sound".

AmekaAquatics will hand-pick the best they have, and ship you the best they have, until such time that we run out.

Again, these are 'factory seconds', that are structurally sound, yet have cosmetic issues. Such as minor bubble marks along the seams, or scratches that do not affect the integrity or functionality.

FishingInMyNano

you got the CPR hob aquafuge for 20.00 shipped? if you did thats a hell of a deal.

If i could do it all again, I think I would go with the ecosystem.

Ameka Aquatics for the HOB 19in is:

$84.75 (seconds)

$ 9.95 S&H

------------

$94.07 Total

At Marine depot its about 110 with shipping so its dam close if i get the lighting at marine depot i get free shipping on orders over 150 so at that point i dont know who has a better deal its just a few bucks diffrence so im wondering juse how worth it "seconds" really is...

Originally posted by alexwolf

$89.95 at www.premiumaquatics.com brand new

see thats just the point... why do they bother even ofering seconds at such a price when its really only a few bucks diffrence..

wouldnt know what their shipping charges are would ya? it does not say on their site

$13.60. I am currently working on a source for custom fuges. I found a local guy who makes fuges, but he needs measurements. He does all custom work. If you want, email me the dimentions and i can price you a custom one.

Archived