Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My first reef build. (Fluval Edge)

Wet_Fretboards

ThePhilosopher

Some guy on this site put up a video of him killing aiptaisia by squirting hot water onto it via a turkey baster. Seemed like a simple and effective way to get rid of the little menace.

Wet_Fretboards
Some guy on this site put up a video of him killing aiptaisia by squirting hot water onto it via a turkey baster. Seemed like a simple and effective way to get rid of the little menace.

It's gone. :D

Wet_Fretboards
Probably ran away once everyone else suggested how to get rid of it. :lol:

I'm pretty sure his dead, shriveled carcass is forever entombed in super glue.

Wet_Fretboards

Ok so small update. Today Ammonia was 0, Nitrite was 0, and nitrates were between 10 and 15. I did a 25% WC. I'm a little upset because my best looking piece of live rock, which was covered with beautiful coralline in bright pinks and purples, seems to be getting over run with some greenish-brown type of algae.

IMG_20110714_164032.jpg

Now, before you burn me at the stake, I do realize this is a new tank, I was just hoping to keep that stuff alive. Anyway, clean up crew soon I think.

Thanks as always!

Wet_Fretboards

Update.

So the diatoms are gone. Water is in great shape. I added a couple of frags, some hermits and a couple of nassarius. There's also an asternia starfish or two that have started cruising the tank from out of nowhere. The cleanup crew went to work immediately. I'll be adding a fish or two next weekend. Here's a few simple pics.

My favorite view.

IMG_20110718_152940.jpg

Pulsing xenia frag

IMG_20110718_152655.jpg

Zoa frag

IMG_20110718_152952.jpg

That's it for now. I'm really lovin' this little tank so far.

Coming along nicely! Glad the diatoms went away.

Really like your zoa too.

How do you place frags in a tank like that? I have to siphon about a half gallon of water out of my 20 to put stuff in mine or I'll overflow it with the water displacement of my arm. It seems like it would be awkward too to get frags in the corners. Just curious because I love the way these tanks look!

Wet_Fretboards
Coming along nicely! Glad the diatoms went away.

Really like your zoa too.

How do you place frags in a tank like that?

Thank you!

With these!! :D

12tongs.jpg

Haven't messed around in the corners much, but when I have to use my arm, I siphon down about an inch or so too.

Wet_Fretboards

So, I've had it with the top on this tank! :angry: I'll be removing it and modding the stand this week. Stay tuned.

Archived