Innovative Marine Aquariums

keeping brine shrimp in DT?

clowe18

so i was looking at my tank at night and saw my lps corals with their feeding tenticles out.. and got an idea. why not keep brine shrimp in the DT as an extra sourse of nutrition, like pods. ive googled it and didnt find much. i know people keep them in there refugiums.. my main question is would it be good to keep them in my DT as an extra food souce for my fish and corals? or keep them in my fuge, or not at all.. thanks guys!

you can try this. don't think brine shrimp will breed in reef tanks. they live in salt lakes and not in the ocean for some reason.

http://www.tomaquarium.com/prod_details.php?cat=32&p=82

I have used this in my freshwater aquariums and it has worked great it is cool watching all of the fish chase around the brine shrimp I has always wanted to try it out in a saltwater tank. I will be following closely to see how it goes. :)

yeah thats a nice hatchery but im kinda broke because i spend all my money on corals...

i was thinking of just throwing adult brines in my tank and hope they reproduce in my tank

You would have to check to make sure that the salinity is the same and I wouldn't think that there would be any problems.

You would have to check to make sure that the salinity is the same and I wouldn't think that there would be any problems.

I am not sure how that posted twice like that.

True. The plan is to let them survive in my tank like how pods do. So it acts as an extra food sorce. I'll put them in my hob filter fuge mod and throw them in my DT and hope for the best. I only have a clarkii clown algae blenny and 2 skunk cleaner shrimps. So I think they'll

Be fine

Archived