Coral Vue Hydros

Oceancube's Clownfish Breeding Thread!NEW VIDEO LINKS ADDED!

oceancube

Okay all well i finally decided to start my own thread here on nanoreef.com on my new system i will be trying out, after all these system builds im really excited this time cause i can concentrate on only 3 pairs now instead of having all these pairs and having a hard time keeping up with fry ,waterchanges,feeding etc.. etc..., so i will be posting updates occasionally and if i need any help i know alot of fellow nanoreefers will chime in.. this is my attempt to raise wyoming white fry mainly but will also have offspring from my picasso/snowcasso pair and my darwin/snowflake pair as well... im really here to try and help out the reefs by doing my own part in raising captive bred clowns and to also have fun at what i love doing and thats breeding and messing with different types of clowns, this new setup is really simple, all i have is 3 acrylic tanks 13gallons each , a sump 38 gallons, a euro reef skimmer(kinda too big but works like a champ) 2 300watt heaters, and coralife turbotwist sterlizer, with a panworld for a return pump,, got some liverock and some seaded sponges for biological filtration..... i will start all over from today to see how i do in the next couple months. i will be adding a controller and ph monitor soon as well, till then i will see how it goes from here... for my fry i use 10 gallon tanks for the first 25days after that they go into a 29 gallon tank with seeded sponges that were in my broodstock sysytem... feeding i use my own culture rotifers, otoA (Now thanks to rrcg i use otoB) and lastly bbs(baby brine shrimp)stuffed with amino acids and rotigrow plus for a couple hours..hope you guys enjoy and if you got any questions please ask and i will try my hardest to help out or give you some pointers!again thanks to all other breeders on here and lets pump out these baby clowns!!! :)

ns1.jpg

ns2.jpg

ns3.jpg

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

ww1.jpg

very nice Rudy. what are the 3 pairs your working with?

the darwin F snowflake M pair you sold me are spawing. its only their second laying and the male has been removing the eggs other the last few days. he is getting his practice in. hehe

very nice Rudy. what are the 3 pairs your working with?

the darwin F snowflake M pair you sold me are spawing. its only their second laying and the male has been removing the eggs other the last few days. he is getting his practice in. hehe

thanks eric, well im only gonna work with the picasso/snowcasso pair, wyoming white pair and the darwinf/ snowflake male combo... had other ideas but pretty much ive seen the odds of what breeders get so im sticking to the designs i like,, mainly picasso/snowcasso/snowflake/wyoming white , i think my male wyoming white needs more age or more feedings cause i think he's not fertalizing eggs..... it'll be soon i know .... i thought you already had fry from my pair???
All I can say is - It's about time!

well thanks to you i ended up biting..... :) didn't want to flood the forum with another "breeding topic" but it's a way to show members on here my pictures instead of flooding your thread with pics!! lol

Can I claim one right now :D. I kid I kid, and WOW the white on that one is just amazing! I love these clowns!

well my son has claimed them all already lol.... thanks for the compliment ;)

UPDATE*** no egg laying going on right now, been past a week now overdue, im guessing the move disturbed them again, on the other note my snowflake/darwin babies have first headstripes, tommorrow pics of them!!!

shaneandjohn
UPDATE*** no egg laying going on right now, been past a week now overdue, im guessing the move disturbed them again, on the other note my snowflake/darwin babies have first headstripes, tommorrow pics of them!!!

Well it the 29'th and i see no pics...My son has been wanting disigner clowns for about 2 years.We set up the 34 gallon in hopes of finding a pair..He pointed out this Thread to me because he fell in LOVE with what I would guess to be your mating pair..He doesnt want platinum..Likes Fancy snowflakes,but Really like the pics you have....

Well it the 29'th and i see no pics...My son has been wanting disigner clowns for about 2 years.We set up the 34 gallon in hopes of finding a pair..He pointed out this Thread to me because he fell in LOVE with what I would guess to be your mating pair..He doesnt want platinum..Likes Fancy snowflakes,but Really like the pics you have....
hello shane and or john, well yes i have yet to post pics, ive been really busy lately, all i have right now are about 200 normals , i do have some snowflakes but they are only like 4-5of them and like 6 blk wht babies, also my darwin female just laid a huge nest, this time i wont pull pot out on day 7 but day8 ,,, ill have a ton of babies by october,, ill have snowflakes ,extreme snowflakes,picasso's, extreme picasso's,blk and whites,ill post pics when i actually see more nice colors and patterns soon.... keep an eye out ,,,,
shaneandjohn
hello shane and or john, well yes i have yet to post pics, ive been really busy lately, all i have right now are about 200 normals , i do have some snowflakes but they are only like 4-5of them and like 6 blk wht babies, also my darwin female just laid a huge nest, this time i wont pull pot out on day 7 but day8 ,,, ill have a ton of babies by october,, ill have snowflakes ,extreme snowflakes,picasso's, extreme picasso's,blk and whites,ill post pics when i actually see more nice colors and patterns soon.... keep an eye out ,,,,

Thanks for your reply....Its easy to let life bogg you down..lol Happens here alot!!

We will keep looking at this thread and waiting for your pics..:)

UPDATE WITH SOME PICS***

Okay guys finally got some time to clean my fish room a bit to snap some pics, i took a couple pics but couldn't get any great pics cause i dont know how to mess with these new cameras nowadays,,, belive me i tried.. anyways , well i had my biggest nest from a designer clown this past week, i say about 8-900fry from a darwin female and snowflake male , fry are doing great on day two now and i got thier tank infested with rotifers... on the other hand i had a previous batch from the darwin /snowflake hatch doing really good, i was able to only transfer 14 and 6 of them are snowflakes and really dark as well, very nice babys , you can spot a few with the older onyx and 1 picasso fry in the 20high tank.... i cant wait to let the new batch grow out im stocked about it...on the other hand my picasso's and my wyoming whites still have yet to breed since the move i did from which im used too but oh well im in no rush....enjoy the pics and as soon as i learn how to take better closeup pics i will post... any ideas i have a nikon d60 with a dx swm vr aspherical lens what ever that means!!! comments comments!!!

babyfrytank1.jpg

babyfrytank2.jpg

newfrytank1.jpg

newfrytank2.jpg

newfrytank3.jpg

rotifercultures.jpg

setuprevision2.jpg

sumprevision2.jpg

I love the set up. How far away is ur grow tank from the rest of the set up? Only ask cus u dont see it in the pic with everything

I love the set up. How far away is ur grow tank from the rest of the set up? Only ask cus u dont see it in the pic with everything

as of now i keep them in my bedroom in a 20 high tank with sponge filter and a fluval internal filter... sorry i should of posted pics of them in my bedroom but i forgot! i want to really get closeups of my snowflake babies but camera gets all blurry with a close shot,, ####### me off... got some really nice looking snowflakes but i can get good pics..... arggggg

Its all good. I just am trying to learn how other people

do it. And what works for them.

yeah, basically im still working on my fish room (garage part of house) it's alot of work but im happy to say i got some nice fry coming soon.. the current batch is doing really good and i got tons of them... the older batch i got might be sold already to a good person i know! as soon as i learn to take better pics i will post them up!!

You got some one to get the whole batch?

well its really not a whole batch i had i think 14 babies that made the transfer since born and 6 were snowflakes, the rest are blk and whites, but yeah i got a couple people waiting on them already, but like i said i have about 800 babies eating getting fat, i will offer some of these to members here!!!

Alpha Aquaculture
p2.jpg

Very nice! I was doing some searches yesterday for wild onyx and I came across an old pic of a clown that looked just like the onyx in this pic. Was this one from Tina and Dan? They are both very beautiful.

Archived