Innovative Marine Aquariums

Lighting Advice

RedSkaNite

I plan on setting up either a 10G or 15H for softies and some hardy lps. what would be the least expensive lighting system for this? I can do diy if it isnt TOO complicated, heh.

I found some great deals at petsupplyliquidators for a 2x36 watt

Seemed a better deal than I found at AHSupply.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Originally posted by Dave ESPI

READ SOME OLD THREADS...... . your questions are answered there.:x

i know your not trying to be rude but thats the way your coming out. but to answer your question the 2x32 watts from petsupply will get great for what you want to keep. Good Luck

Dave IS rude, most people here have learned to ignore him for the most part. Guess meeting him is the "nano initiation" he mentioned. While Dave's advise is usually good, all advice is opinions, best to get several and make your own judgement.

I actually enjoy Daves posts. The stuff he types about his avatar is funny.

I also agree, the 2x36 watt hood is the way to go IMO.

I got the deal from petsupplyliquidator.com and if you follow the link below, you'll see what I did with it for my 15g tall. This is the same dimension as a 10 gal so it could be applicable for you. The only commonly suggested change to this would be to mount the ballast board in a project box (radio shack) and have it outside of the canopy. I may still change this in the future.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...20&pagenumber=1

Good luck!

Originally posted by Bocephous

Dave IS rude..... Guess meeting him is the "nano initiation" he mentioned. While Dave's advise is usually good, all advice is opinions, best to get several and make your own judgement.

Not rude, Simply a sarchast. I was merely intending to point out the fact that a "new poster" should read some old threads (or add to them) there is no rule that says "Old threads can't come out of the closet" to be added too.

Rather than flame and be a jerk, I merely pointed out the fact there was a bajillion threads on this topic.X)

I did read some old threads :(. I guess I just missed the one that said you can't beat petsupply liquidators. Anyway he didn't come off rude...just exasperated with the newby is all.

Archived