ReefCleaners.org

Pak's ADA 60-F: A New Beginning

SnakPak

Not liking the par 38's?

I like them, but I'm wondering if I'll see better coloration and growth by having a custom fixture. I bought them mainly for the reduced temp spikes that I was getting with MH. Now I'm not so sure about having the focused beam of light. It really restricts me with coral placement in this tank.

I have 2 SPS frags that have completely browned out. I think it has more to do with high phosphate levels in the tank though. I'm going to give them some time under the Par38s to see if I notice them color up at all now that I'm running chemipure elite. If they don't, then I think I may switch out one of the bulbs for a custom fixture and see how that goes.

Haha, I was doing a water change and decided to snap a couple shots before I filled the tank back up. That birdsnest and the top of that liverock get exposed each time.

I'm liking the bb look pak. Your tank is looking really good. Hey what kind of suby do you drive? I just bought myself a brand new 2011 wrx. I absolutely love it!

• 2 months later...

It's been way too long since I updated this thread. I'm considering making some very large changes and wanted to get the forums opinion.

Lights: I really am growing tired of the spot-light effect of the Par38's. Not to mention I don't think they are the best at allowing coral placement. I miss the growth I was getting with my MH's and I think the color was much better as well. Considering going back to a MH setup. Thoughts?

Sump: Ah...to sump or not to sump. It's been waging war in my head on and off for many months. My original goal was to keep this tank as simple as possible. Just your standard HOB filter and my trusty MP10 for flow. I'm really considering adding a sump though. Not only for increased water volume, but so that I can move equipment out of the display and get the benefit of more live rock. Down the road I would like to add a protein skimmer too, since my dabbles into SPS have not panned out well without one. So do I sump it?

I say sump it for sure. I was contemplating using the free 210 gallon tank I got as a sump for my brand new 120 lol. Do a 40 gallon sump you'll be good to go lol.

It's been way too long since I updated this thread. I'm considering making some very large changes and wanted to get the forums opinion.

Lights: I really am growing tired of the spot-light effect of the Par38's. Not to mention I don't think they are the best at allowing coral placement. I miss the growth I was getting with my MH's and I think the color was much better as well. Considering going back to a MH setup. Thoughts?

Sump: Ah...to sump or not to sump. It's been waging war in my head on and off for many months. My original goal was to keep this tank as simple as possible. Just your standard HOB filter and my trusty MP10 for flow. I'm really considering adding a sump though. Not only for increased water volume, but so that I can move equipment out of the display and get the benefit of more live rock. Down the road I would like to add a protein skimmer too, since my dabbles into SPS have not panned out well without one. So do I sump it?

go with Vertex LED lights, right now there %20 off and Ive been using them for a while and other ppl I know use them and it DOES grow all corals , soft,lps,sps,clams ect .. and they look good..

• 2 months later...

Need to get some new shots up. Tank moved locations in our house. My original plans to drill it are kind of on hold. I have everything I need to drill it, but I'm really concerned about humidity levels inside an Ikea cabinet. I was thinking about putting some fans to exhaust the air out the back of the cabinet, but I don't know if even that would be enough. We all know particle board + water = disaster.

Archived